PDA

View Full Version : Who was the weakest (strength) Mr.O ever?

Swanson
09-29-2008, 05:37 AM
Who do you think was the weakest? Coleman was the strongest.
I think Dexter may be one of the weaker ones. I saw him benchpress in a video and I think he already struggled with 3 plates on each side. I don't think that he lifts as heavy as Cutler or Coleman since he's also smaller and lighter.

siersy
09-29-2008, 06:06 AM
your mother was the weakest pro i ever tapped

sorry couldnt resist (ground hog day fever)

SOMEPARTS
09-29-2008, 06:43 AM
Zane.

Danny213
09-29-2008, 06:48 AM
who cares?

SSK1903
09-29-2008, 06:55 AM
Zane.

Hugh2
09-29-2008, 06:55 AM
Probably Chris Dickerson, not that it matters.
http://www.builtreport.com/dickerson/100.jpg

DanLaPolla
09-29-2008, 06:59 AM
frank zane probably..
wasn't that big of a guy, but had an incredible physique nonetheless

DopeEfX
09-29-2008, 07:05 AM
its not about how strong you are its about how strong you look. but id definately go with zane i cant stand him lol

Loctus
09-29-2008, 07:07 AM
Zane, duh.

Swanson
09-29-2008, 07:13 AM
Who's Zane?

Loctus
09-29-2008, 07:15 AM
Who's Zane?

3x Mr. Olympia?

SOMEPARTS
09-29-2008, 07:19 AM
Wow...

devo09
09-29-2008, 07:22 AM
I think Dexter may be one of the weaker ones. I saw him benchpress in a video and I think he already struggled with 3 plates on each side. I don't think that he lifts as heavy as Cutler or Coleman since he's also smaller and lighter.

im pretty sure in that vid dexter put up like 365 for 8 reps....

sikboy
09-29-2008, 07:25 AM
Who cares?

ANARKY
09-29-2008, 07:29 AM
The OP cares....its why he asked.....duh.

Swanson
09-29-2008, 07:35 AM
Was Zane this small guy who looked like half an Arnold only a bit darker?

sikboy
09-29-2008, 07:39 AM
The OP cares....its why he asked.....duh.

I dont care that he cares.

:D

skinnycalves
09-29-2008, 07:43 AM
in before DD

siersy
09-29-2008, 07:44 AM
in before DD

i dont think he will grace us with his presence due to the boring subject topic

BigJayNJ
09-29-2008, 07:47 AM
You guys watch the vids and thats where you get the weights they workout with from.

Most of the time, these pros don't put up as much weight as you think. Its not about the weight. Its about working the muscle as effectively as you can. Which does not always mean putting up a lot.

DonStiff1
09-29-2008, 07:49 AM
Who's Zane?

better than jay lol...ive done with kids what jay couldnt with olympias...get 3! hehe all joking aside hes still 1,000,000 times better than me lol

clm12704
09-29-2008, 07:55 AM
I saw a workout log of Zanes in a Flex issue a couple of months back with him on the cover and I can't imagine there were any O's that lifted less than he did. I don't see how he worked out with Arnold and it's pretty obvious why Arnold switched to working out with Franco.

ProWrestleFan
09-29-2008, 07:58 AM
Who cares?

x2, seriously.

Swanson
09-29-2008, 08:00 AM
Seems like Zane was a lazy bum. I like that. Be lazy and still get the best possible results. :D

Squinky
09-29-2008, 08:46 AM

Proof of Ronnie Coleman being the strongest.

DopeEfX
09-29-2008, 08:55 AM
Proof of Ronnie Coleman being the strongest.
Show me a stronger Olympian.
WVA6BaiLgXA
rMEgKgZOJi8
BQsmwC4jSFY
W1KD7cGRDDc

ANARKY
09-29-2008, 09:25 AM
You forgot.

TB5v_fny968

j_neatherlin
09-29-2008, 10:32 AM
im pretty sure in that vid dexter put up like 365 for 8 reps....was that one of the BFTO vids? because he was also near contest shape, so his strength would be diminished at that time.

SSK1903
09-29-2008, 10:40 AM
DopeEfx, as I've explained a HUNDRED times here the only point where Ronnie holds his own is on the deads.

REFER TO THIS THREAD
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=219584311#post219584311

I get tired of repeating myself.

ANARKY
09-29-2008, 10:45 AM
DopeEfx, as I've explained a HUNDRED times here the only point where Ronnie holds his own is on the deads.

REFER TO THIS THREAD

What about deadlifts, Tbar rows and such? His squatting is fine your nit picking there and you know you are. Also I'd like to see the 775 deep squat from Platz I know he had incredible legs but why would a lift like that not be on video when his other lifts were? Bodybuilders have a way of exageratting.

PaHulkster
09-29-2008, 10:46 AM
We're talking about Olympia champions.

Probably Zane, which is kind of unfair to say because he didn't train for serious power. He lifted to build his physique to his absolute ideal proportions.

SSK1903
09-29-2008, 11:27 AM
What about deadlifts
Again, I wrote it already - I believe Ronnie takes the cake on this one.

Tbar rows and such?
Ronnie does heavy cheated T-bar rows. How do you know how strong other BBers are on such a movement, and how do you compare? No way can you compare it as objectively as other movements. Goes for all rowing movements, basically.

His squatting is fine your nit picking there and you know you are.
Actually I don't and I am not. It's called FAIR COMPARISON. A squat that's glutes to ankles with 500 lbs is more impressive than a parallel squat. A parallel squat is more impressive than a quarter squat.
Ronnie squat is ABOVE parallel, SUITED, KNEES WRAPPED. All things that need to be taken into consideration. Do you deny a suit adds lbs? do you deny knee wraps add lbs? Do you deny an above parallel squat allows for more weight than a deep squat?
Obviously not. So if you're gonna compare strength then you need to TAKE INTO ACCOUNT THE FACTORS THAT CONTRIBUTE TO THE DISPLAYED ABILITY.

Also I'd like to see the 775 deep squat from Platz I know he had incredible legs but why would a lift like that not be on video when his other lifts were? Bodybuilders have a way of exageratting.
What do you mean "his other lifts were"? They weren't What you've seen is a vid from 92 or 93 from FIBO in germany where Tom and Fred Hatfield have a squat competition where Tom does 23 reps with 525 lbs weighing 198 lbs. When was Tom at his peak? strength wise 85-86.
His poundages in 84 were 635 for 12 reps, in 85 it was 635 for 15 reps. I've confirmed this with Tom himself, checked with magazines from the era, and checked with hatfield as well.
His sets of 100 reps with 2 plates were done in 78 and later, leading up to the mr. U in apaulco, Mexico, and I believe it was early 80s he did 50 reps with 315. Later on he did around 35 reps with 365 lbs in a video available from USAPL. His best 405 rep set was 38 reps.
The 775 was done with Hatfield sometime in the early 90s. if you want I can try to get it confirmed with a more precise date.

I've said it before. I'll say it again. Ronnie is a damned beast. So are many other bodybuilders. I have no doubt Ronnie is one of the strongest, but NOT necessarily THE strongest.

Is Ronnie the strongest bencher? Far from it. Look up Eddie Robinson. 515x8 at 19 years old weighing ~220 lbs. How about Ben White? How about Kevin Levrone? Is Ronnie the strongest squatter? How about Ian Harrison? How about Eddie R. again, doing 825 for a BELOW parallel squat in less gear than Ronnie (a lift that ended his career = lower back injury).

I have lots of respect for Ron and can appreciate his fans, but let's not turn admiration into hero worship and distort the facts (or simply ignore them). There have been TONS of strong BBers. Ronnie is crazy strong. Doesn't mean he's the strongest, and not in everything. I'll grant you deads, but not benches, squats, etc

DopeEfX
09-29-2008, 11:30 AM

REFER TO THIS THREAD

u get tired of repeating yourself? I dont even know who the hell you are and to deny the fact that he is the strongest OLYMPIAN is absurd. Regardless of form you can't deny the raw strength Ronnie has to be performing the lifts he does PRECONTEST while depleted on little to no carbs with a calorie restrictive diet. He is the strongest Olympian ever, if not show me who. And you better not even post Dorian.

SSK1903
09-29-2008, 11:35 AM
u get tired of repeating yourself? I dont even know who the hell you are and to deny the fact that he is the strongest OLYMPIAN is absurd. Regardless of form you can't deny the raw strength Ronnie has to be performing the lifts he does PRECONTEST while depleted on little to no carbs with a calorie restrictive diet. He is the strongest Olympian ever, if not show me who. And you better not even post Dorian.

Reread my posts. I've addressed these points. I've said Ronnie is probably the strongest deadlifter. In fact I am quite certain he is. Strongest bencher? No. Strongest squatter? QUITE probably not. Strongest all around? Based on what? his rowing strength is matched by guys like the barbarian brothers back in the 80s. So is his shoulder strength. And all the other "bodybuilding movements". Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. It's probably too subjective to say.

I am VERY glad you mention Ronnie being precontest on lowcarbs and lowcals. If ya wanna adjust from that, then let's adjust for gear use too. Let's put Eddie Robinson on hGH, insulin, igf-1 and even more test and all the stuff the pros take now. Man oh man, this only supports my case.

DopeEfX
09-29-2008, 11:40 AM
Reread my posts. I've addressed these points. I've said Ronnie is probably the strongest deadlifter. In fact I am quite certain he is. Strongest bencher? No. Strongest squatter? QUITE probably not. Strongest all around? Based on what? his rowing strength is matched by guys like the barbarian brothers back in the 80s. So is his shoulder strength. And all the other "bodybuilding movements". Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. It's probably too subjective to say.

I am VERY glad you mention Ronnie being precontest on lowcarbs and lowcals. If ya wanna adjust from that, then let's adjust for gear use too. Let's put Eddie Robinson on hGH, insulin, igf-1 and even more test and all the stuff the pros take now. Man oh man, this only supports my case.

did you even read the title to this thread? WHO WAS THE WEAKEST MR. O. MR. O NONE OF THE MEN YOUVE MENTIONED HAVE HELD THE O TITLE SO YOURE ARGUMENT IS POINTLESS. IM NOT ARGUING OTHER BB'ERS WITH YOU OR ARGUING ANYTHING, IM JUST STATING WHO IS THE STRONGEST MR. O EVER.

SSK1903
09-29-2008, 11:47 AM
THE thread quickly turned into WHO WAS THE STRONGEST

If ya wanna discuss who the strongest Mr. O is, be my guest. Doesn't mean the strongest bodybuilder, and considering how short the list is the answer is so given I can give it to you right now: Ronnie Coleman, genius.

Did you also know Shaq is taller than the average man, and that the world is round.. what's the point of mentioning trivia that everyone knows.

There IS no discussion about who the strongest Mr. O is. It's given, it's fact, it's obvious.

DopeEfX
09-29-2008, 11:50 AM
my font is bigger than yours. i win the argument.

OneLoveLiftHard
09-29-2008, 11:51 AM

Dex benches 5 plates a side in his titans video...for 3 before he needs help

Edit: My bad it was 4 plates (405lbs) a side for 5 reps before he needs help

WrCeYzi_v1I

Still...just like everyone else in here said "it doesn't matter"

ANARKY
09-29-2008, 01:00 PM
SSK would you agree Ronnie is overall the strongest? Non of his lifts were weak, otheres that you pointed out might be able to match him in 1 lift but werent = across the board.

SSK1903
09-29-2008, 01:08 PM
SSK would you agree Ronnie is overall the strongest? Non of his lifts were weak, otheres that you pointed out might be able to match him in 1 lift but werent = across the board.

As I've said before, I think it's quite possible Ronnie is the strongest. Not certain, but quite possible. There's really not enough info, and there are too many uncertains and variables..plus it's subjective. Are we talking the big 3, are we talking general "bodybuilding movements", etc.

If the strength rumors about a guy like Ian Harrison were true I'd put him before Coleman:

http://www.hirepgym.com/images/ian%20harrison/ian-harrison.jpg

http://xs231.xs.to/xs231/08401/556464329.jpg

But from lack of more certain info I'd say it's probably Coleman.

Swanson
09-29-2008, 01:09 PM
Boy, this pic looks GAY

http://xs231.xs.to/xs231/08401/556464329.jpg