PDA

View Full Version : protein without the calories?

nadiamab
09-14-2008, 12:44 PM
hey...i have a question
i want to increase my protein intake and reduce my carbs
i just started using fitday and it made me realize that im consuming too much carbs and not enough protein
my diet consists of lots of fruits and vegetables...
my question is are there any protein products without calories? like capsules? and what would you recommend?
i want to stick to a 1500 calories a day and most protein shakes and stuff contain way to much

thank!

in10city
09-14-2008, 12:56 PM
hey...i have a question
i just started using fitday and it made me realize that im consuming too much carbs and not enough protein
my question is are there any protein products without calories? like capsules? and what would you recommend?
i want to stick to a 1500 calories a day and most protein shakes and stuff contain way to much

thank!
Protein pills have calories and are a waste.

Sounds like there are other issues floating around here. Eat or drink food for protein. It's just that simple. Reduce intake of other things but I would question your caloric intake as it is.

Deskilla
09-14-2008, 12:58 PM
Are you cutting when you weight 150 at 5'7?

Tommy W.
09-14-2008, 12:59 PM
try to get your protien from real food. Cook up some chicken breasts on Sunday and eat them all week long.

tann5000
09-14-2008, 01:05 PM
Your obviously new to this so I'll cut you some slack but so you know- 1g protein=4 calories and 1500 calories is definitely not enough\healthy unless you are a pre-teenage girl(and a small one at that).

Are you looking to gain muscle?

nadiamab
09-14-2008, 01:09 PM
Your obviously new to this so I'll cut you some slack but so you know- 1g protein=4 calories and 1500 calories is definitely not enough\healthy unless you are a pre-teenage girl(and a small one at that).

1500 calories is fine for me...i dont stave myself or anything and i eat when im hungry.
i

Deskilla
09-14-2008, 01:10 PM
I say eat a lot more and lift but that's just my opinion.

nadiamab
09-14-2008, 01:13 PM
Are you cutting when you weight 150 at 5'7?

sorry if i sound dumb. but im new to the macro thing...i lost 50 lbs so far and i havent had plateau or anything
but im still on a quest to lose another 25 lbs
i increase my workout either in duration or intensity or routine
everytime i lose 8 lbs
if that answer your question..i dont know..lol

daYDreAmErX
09-14-2008, 01:18 PM
sorry if i sound dumb. but im new to the macro thing...i lost 50 lbs so far and i havent had plateau or anything
but im still on a quest to lose another 25 lbs
i increase my workout either in duration or intensity or routine
everytime i lose 8 lbs
if that answer your question..i dont know..lol

WHAT ? You want your weight to be at 125 lbs :eek:

Fixor101
09-14-2008, 01:22 PM
For every 1 gram of protein you take in, you are going to get 4 calories. That is absolutely unavoidable.

There is no such thing as a protein product without calories - it is impossible.

nadiamab
09-14-2008, 01:25 PM
For every 1 gram of protein you take in, you are going to get 4 calories. That is absolutely unavoidable.

There is no such thing as a protein product without calories - it is impossible.

hhaha...thanks
your right
i just hoped...ah well.

L_Dub
09-14-2008, 01:27 PM
Besides, it's not the quantity of your calories, it's the QUALITY of your calories.

So, I'm not sure why you're worried about the calories in protein, especially lean protein.

http://www.best-abs-exercises.com/abs-diet-plan.html

---------------------------

http://www.best-abs-exercises.com

nadiamab
09-14-2008, 01:27 PM
WHAT ? You want your weight to be at 125 lbs :eek:

every body is different.
im 150 and theres still tons of fat .my thighs ar still biig and so is my belly
besides im aiming to get a 6 pack so i have to loe my body fat

Tommy W.
09-14-2008, 01:47 PM
Do you guys realize the OP is a girl?

daYDreAmErX
09-14-2008, 01:52 PM
Do you guys realize the OP is a girl?

Yes, and ? 125 lbs at 5'7" is still too low IMO (depending of bf%)

Tommy W.
09-14-2008, 01:56 PM
5-7 125 is perfect :)

Gracehbd
09-14-2008, 01:58 PM
As above - 1g of protein = 4 cals. But there's no point having protein without cals anyway because your muscles badly need those too. Plus it's actually pretty easy to have a high protein/low cal diet, keep up the lean meats/fish etc and reduce carbs. But remember too few cals WILL decrease muscle!

IBey777
09-14-2008, 01:59 PM
hey...i have a question

thank!

To calculate your caloric intake you need to have some idea of daily caloric requirement according to your age, size, sex, and lifestyle. http://bodybuilding.com/fun/issa64.htm

Once that is calculated. Know that:
1g Protein = 4 calories
1g Carbohydrate = 4 calories
1g Fat = 9 Calories

Next, decide you macro-nutrient ratios...

Finally, get used to reading labels and only consuming high quality foods.

Jules Verne
09-14-2008, 02:24 PM
5-7 125 is perfect :)

It's a decent base to build off. For a woman at 5'7''.

and 1500-1700kcal should certainly be OK. I would try to stay at about 10x Body Weight or above if you can though.

As 10incity said, you're going to have to deduce intake of something(s). Possibly some fruit if you eat a lot, or maybe a bit of fruit/carbs and some fats. This is where it becomes a bit of 'what works best for you'.

Deskilla
09-14-2008, 02:27 PM
Oh snap i thought it was a guy, my bad. Proceed then :).

911Muscles
09-14-2008, 02:49 PM
that is kind of the same problem I have, I have to eat enough Protein but at the same time keep my calories down, take a multivitamin pack and reduce the fruits and vegetables (also take a fiber supp) and then maybe substitute the lost calories you get from fruits and veggies with lean chicken or fish!

nadiamab
09-14-2008, 05:23 PM
wow..haha

its so funny everyone thought i was a guy.
i posted a comment and then left the house,came back and everyone is talking about them thinkin i was a guy

well thanks for your advice and the good laugh :)

Tommy W.
09-14-2008, 05:37 PM
After reviewing your progress pix you're definitely not a guy
(compliment intended :) )