PDA

View Full Version : sleeping posture

rooney888
09-02-2008, 03:12 AM
I was wondering if the sleeping posture would have an effect on your health or body shape in general.

I sleep sideways, which means my shoulder is bent for my body to adhere to a linear stance on the bed.

Not sure if the sentence made any sense, but would the "sideway" posture have an adverse effect in my shoulder health, and/or affecting my shoulder/trap growth?

Thanks for all potential replies!

Barry Bonds
09-02-2008, 08:03 AM
I sleep on my side, but my shoulder isn't bent.

They say sleeping on your side is best, but I haven't heard anyone go into details about it.

I have wide shoulders so I need extra pillows to bring my head back up to level.

redweston
09-02-2008, 03:05 PM
Makes no diff, just remmember to get some sleep !

Keeponpumpin! - red

djflex
09-02-2008, 03:28 PM
I have had issues when I sleep with my shoulder directly under my head andpillow. Created some problems for my already creaky shoulders. I try to avoid this position and sleep more on my back or use two pillow for extra cushion...

rooney888
09-02-2008, 07:08 PM
i see. so its okay to use 2 pillows to prop ur head back in perpendicular fashion from your shoulder?

because im currently in pursuit of broad shoulders through swimming and shoulder presses, i dont want my growth to be affected.

thanks a million

Legbuh
09-02-2008, 08:59 PM
I prefer my back (mainly because I can Lucid Dream better), but I snore more when doing so and the old lady doesn't like that. :) So I normally end up on my side most of the time out of courtesy.

Not sounding like a commercial, but our sleep number bed we both love. :) No, I don't sell Mona Vie.. lol... but we love our bed. I've never slept better. Even when snoring.. lol

terribletriad
09-03-2008, 12:07 PM
i see. so its okay to use 2 pillows to prop ur head back in perpendicular fashion from your shoulder?

because im currently in pursuit of broad shoulders through swimming and shoulder presses, i dont want my growth to be affected.

thanks a million

What position you sleep in isn't going to make a bit of difference. None.