PDA

View Full Version : Creatine and "X-Tend" Pre-Contest

sbeer
08-31-2008, 08:03 AM
I have read that creatine and possibly L-Glutamine can cause some water retention and I was wondering if I should stop using either of these pre-contest. I am 5 weeks out today.

Disciplined560
08-31-2008, 08:39 AM
The glutamine and xtend are essientials up till showtime. As far as creatine goes id cycle for another 2weeks then get off until you start your offseason. Goodluck man.

FATHER FLEX
08-31-2008, 09:42 AM
I used both all the even on the day of the show. I don't think I was holding any water either. :D

Sporto1633
08-31-2008, 03:28 PM
The glutamine and xtend are essientials up till showtime. As far as creatine goes id cycle for another 2weeks then get off until you start your offseason. Goodluck man.

I agree about Xtend all the way through show time, but competely disagree about cutting out creatine. As FatherFlex just stated, I would dose them up to and through the show.

Sporto

tvicemanXXL
08-31-2008, 03:44 PM
If creatine bloats you or causes you to hold water, it will be a very noticeable effect. Your stomach will distend, you will never feel hungry, and you will have to pee twice as often with half as much flow. In other words, if you were getting bloated from taking creatine, you would probably rather get hit by a professional linebacker than suffer through the feeling of bloat.

If you aren't feeling these symptoms, you don't get bloated from taking creatine.

Cape1
09-01-2008, 09:05 AM
I think the bloat people complain about is cause by loading monohydrate (which only benefits the person selling the creatine) and inconsistency in the diet somewhere. The only time I ever got bloated with Creatine was when I loaded it.