PDA

View Full Version : Need some sales help/tips/pointers!!!

godevs4ever
08-26-2008, 06:37 PM
I've been at the gym I'm at currently for six months. No clients whatsoever. Now, let me preface that by saying this, I came into this health club/gym certified with NASM and had no previous sales experience before this and I let them know that. They were fine with that. However, for the first four months of me being here they didn't want me training anyone and did not let me even try to sell any personal training packages. BS, yes I know, but I wanted to get my foot in the door at all costs so I could start my career ASAP.

I've established a rapport with a lot of the members and even have had some interest sparked after giving a few of them a tough abs workout while on my floor shifts. However, during the four months I wasn't allowed to train I had to wait for there "mentor program" to open up and I had to take that before they'd let me loose and even after that I was still held back.

Unfortunately, for the people who were interested in me I'm leaving this club and moving out of state to go back to school and to go and get my B.A. in exercise science and more continuing education in the fitness industry.

So my question is that I would like to know any tips/tricks/pointers/help on how some of you trainers out there sell yourselves to your clients. What are some phrases you use that may be subtle and/or how do you talk to them and convince them that you are the guy for them. I'm having trouble with this only cause my job decided to teach me with the mentor program **** I already knew (how to train people) and not about the sales part of the job. Any help is greatly, and I mean greatly appreciated!

I will give Kudos and positive feedback to those with helpful posts as soon as I see the posts.

Arte_Suave
08-26-2008, 06:52 PM
Sorry to hear about your situation. I'm not a PT yet, but well on my way. I have no advice I can give either, just wanted to ask what gym is it that you were working for?

godevs4ever
08-26-2008, 07:04 PM
The Atlantic Club - Red Bank, New Jersey

its a great place if your an established PT but without any previous experience they really dont seem the give a crap and it just seems to be all about politics and they only help out those who don't actually need the help such as the top trainers who are always booked with tons of clients.

godevs4ever
08-26-2008, 07:05 PM
If you need help on the way to being a PT man give me a shout I'll give any help that I can.