PDA

View Full Version : Dilemma

digitalgoodtime
08-08-2008, 06:15 AM
Vacation starts at 5:30 today, and i haven't taken any substantial time off exercise in a full year. Do I go to the gym after work and do some deadlifts, or do i just go to dinner with some friends, go home and start packing for tomorrow's departure?

I am torn, deadlifts are addicting!

donoh
08-08-2008, 06:18 AM
If you're doing just deads, I'd go hit them. If you're doing a full workout, skip it.

Deadlifts for life!

digitalgoodtime
08-08-2008, 06:21 AM
If you're doing just deads, I'd go hit them. If you're doing a full workout, skip it.

Deadlifts for life!

it was gonna be a full back and biceps workout.

maybe i can just do deads and leave...doubt it though, they get the blood flowing and the alpha comes out and i wanna lift more :o

VaughnTrue
08-08-2008, 06:27 AM
if you WANT to workout, workout.

if it seems like a chore, skip it this time.

no point in bodybuilding unless its fun ;)

digitalgoodtime
08-08-2008, 06:40 AM
if you WANT to workout, workout.

if it seems like a chore, skip it this time.

no point in bodybuilding unless its fun ;)

it's ALWAYS fun for me to be in the gym, that's why this is such a dilemma. i got friends who wanna see me before i leave for 8 days, i have a wife who might get mad if i choose the gym over socializing/packing; but damn there's nothing like DEADLIFTS :)

user98511001541
08-08-2008, 06:49 AM
i feel better going ot the gym over anything else

i took 4 days off bc of my back and it sucked

wehre ya goin for vacation?????

digitalgoodtime
08-08-2008, 06:55 AM
i feel better going ot the gym over anything else

i took 4 days off bc of my back and it sucked

wehre ya goin for vacation?????

a very small lake outside of Erie. My parents took us there as kids, and we've started the tradition again the past 3 or so years. It's only $250 for a cottage for a full week up there! We just sit around, relax, motorboat, go fishing, etc. all day for a full week. Cellphones don't get reception there, and there's no internet for about 15 miles in the closest town. I love the isolation, helps me get my head straight.

Only bad thing is, there's no gyms around, cottages are too small to bring any equipment, so i'm just relaxing and giving my muscles a break as well after a full year of hard training.

TE
08-08-2008, 06:58 AM
a very small lake outside of Erie. My parents took us there as kids, and we've started the tradition again the past 3 or so years. It's only $250 for a cottage for a full week up there! We just sit around, relax, motorboat, go fishing, etc. all day for a full week. Cellphones don't get reception there, and there's no internet for about 15 miles in the closest town. I love the isolation, helps me get my head straight.

Only bad thing is, there's no gyms around, cottages are too small to bring any equipment, so i'm just relaxing and giving my muscles a break as well after a full year of hard training.

Taking the next week off of lifting & you're considering not working out tonight? Negged.

digitalgoodtime
08-08-2008, 07:14 AM
Taking the next week off of lifting & you're considering not working out tonight? Negged.

i will still be able to do exercises using my bodyweight, and im rowing across the lake every day....sucka :p

digitalgoodtime
08-08-2008, 07:16 AM
damn this wasn't difficult....

im taking a half day at work so i can go home, lift, and still take the wife to dinner :D

user98511001541
08-08-2008, 07:18 AM
sounds relaxing, and like a good deal

i wanna go!

getbustered
08-08-2008, 07:27 AM
damn this wasn't difficult....

im taking a half day at work so i can go home, lift, and still take the wife to dinner :D

Bonus points for being ****-faced hammered when she gets home.

Seriously, I'll give you a dollar if you do it and report back here.