PDA

View Full Version : Power cleans - getting the weight down

physics_1
08-04-2008, 10:49 PM
So I find a semi conveinent place in my gym (usually just behind the decline bench) to do pwer cleans. Rubber floor, but nothing vaguely resembing a pad. I bend down properly, and pull the weight up to my shoulders.

Now what?

I don't know if they mind me doing power cleans, but no one has said anything to me. If I were to just drop the weight to the floor, I think that state of affairs would change rather quickly. So I try to bring it down in a way that doesn't put too much strain on my arms and shoulders, but with limited success.

Is there a "proper" way to bring the weight down when dropping it isn't an option? I can find plenty on the proper way to do the lift, but nothing on what to do with the weight once lifted.

If there were a gym in the area that I knew of that had a designated place for deads and olympic lifts, I'd have joined already. The place I'm at is actually pretty good, except for this one issue.

Thanks

Matt Brown

IronAbrams
08-04-2008, 10:54 PM
I've always just caught the weight about mid-thigh on the way down and lowered it to the floor- no bumpers or platforms at my college gym.

Not always the easiest thing to do but it works.