PDA

View Full Version : Ever a Cheat On Keto?

Dan91
07-07-2008, 01:11 PM
Like on any other diet you can have a cheat meal once a week to keep you sane.

Same as on keto i am craving for carbs and sweets already lol, so is there like every week you can have a 30g carb cheat or every month you can have a carb up day. Thats unless your on the ckd but i am on a tkd.

whats your thoughts?

Baboun
07-07-2008, 01:20 PM
Here's what I do:

Week 1: Saturday Cheat Meal - That's one meal (Usually something like pizza or poutine)
Week 2: Saturday Carb up - Avoiding fats and eat high carb high protein. (Subway without sauce or cheese for example + fruits)

Repeat!

Nevermind I see you are on TKD, I'm on CKD. :(

Dan91
07-07-2008, 01:24 PM
:'(

why did i pick tkd lol

Baboun
07-07-2008, 01:33 PM
:'(

why did i pick tkd lol

Yeah, why did you actually went TKD ?

Eileen
07-07-2008, 01:40 PM
Depending on how hard you are training on TKD, you may be able to fit in a carb meal once a week. However, you'll find that eating carbs regularly tends to keep the carb addiction alive. You may find CKD easier that way.

Dan91
07-07-2008, 01:41 PM
because i like pritty intense gym workouts.

and on ckd to do it properly it wouldn't be as intense.

Eileen
07-07-2008, 01:50 PM
because i like pritty intense gym workouts.

and on ckd to do it properly it wouldn't be as intense.

Have you tried? A lot of people expected to struggle on straight keto but were surprised to find their lifts went up, not down.

Dan91
07-07-2008, 01:58 PM
never tried but seems quite complicated to do it the right way, not suggesting people don't its just i don't no the ins and outs of there diets etc.

Eileen
07-07-2008, 02:04 PM
Seems simple to me. Eat eggs, steak, fish, chicken, lots of green veg, and a bit of cheese, butter, oil and nuts. Take a small whey shake after lifting.

When you've trashed every muscle group and are seriously running out of energy, do a big workout to finish yourself off, then spend a day eating high carb, low fat food.

lleigh1981
07-07-2008, 02:05 PM
I'm cheating today with some leftover sweet and sour chicken and some sugar-free fat-free blueberry frozen yogurt, both of which nutrition data are unknown. I still feel in keto, though, which is weird.

IMAPACKERFAN
07-07-2008, 02:40 PM
Sigh. Why are you doing keto when you're 16yo, 6 foot tall, and weigh 164lbs.?

All you need to do is eat big, work hard, and stop complicating your life.

That doesn't mean you have to eat junk food 24/7, but it's crazy for you to be worrying about "cheating" on your diet.

Dan91
07-07-2008, 02:49 PM
*Sigh Sigh*

Being 16 means i can eat all i want and become Arnold the second. yes i am 16 and i am 168 lb (12 st) to be precise lol, but i am not cut and still cant see my abs. so i think i will cut (not being a dick btw).

but thanks anyway

Nutir
07-07-2008, 02:50 PM
Sigh. Why are you doing keto when you're 16yo, 6 foot tall, and weigh 164lbs.?

All you need to do is eat big, work hard, and stop complicating your life.

That doesn't mean you have to eat junk food 24/7, but it's crazy for you to be worrying about "cheating" on your diet.

Although I think he knows best what to do, x2.

At 16, if you're lifting heavy and eating big, you'll grow. I can't imagine you really fat with that kind of stats, so maybe you should try to pack on some muscle while your body is crying for it!

A clean bulk (aka: lots of food, but clean ones) would be perfect. Also, as pointed out before, you could add some cheats every now and then (don't overdo it) and your life would be easier imo (socially speaking).

IMAPACKERFAN
07-07-2008, 03:01 PM
*Sigh Sigh*

Being 16 means i can eat all i want and become Arnold the second. yes i am 16 and i am 168 lb (12 st) to be precise lol, but i am not cut and still cant see my abs. so i think i will cut (not being a dick btw).

but thanks anyway

You're missing the point. You'll never be able to grow like you can right now. You have no muscle right now, so what are you trying to "cut" down to?

Obviously you can do what you want. Just understand that your body is trying to grow right now, and by restricting calories you're not letting it do that.

mar999
07-07-2008, 03:50 PM
If he wants to do keto who cares...

His diet and his age have nothing to do with each other. I dont see why you have a problem with him being on keto

Now if you have a problem with him cutting and restricting calories at his size and age then i think that you may have a valid argument

I think the main problem is that you equate keto to a cutting or weight loss diet. Its just a diet man... the outcome depends on the calories consumed

taf1968
07-07-2008, 03:50 PM
I have thrown in an occasional "cheat day" on TKD and have been fine. In fact, both times that I cheated the hardest (birthday and father's day), I rebounded by losing more weight during the week after. Not sure if that is coincidental or not and I don't plan on making a regular habit of it. But an ocassional cheat isn't going to kill you on TKD IMHO.

I should note that I still keep my carbs on the low side for TKD I believe . . . usually only go with 15-25g carbs pre & post wo along with targeting 20 - 30g carbs through regular eating. So maybe I actually need those cheat days to keep things on the right track?

Anyway, just my two cents from my pretty limited experience.