PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on drinking protein shakes last week before a show?

TatedBrown
07-07-2008, 08:52 AM
This is my first show and am trying to learn as much as i can and was told by a amateur BB at my gym to stop drinking dairy 4 weeks out and to stop drinking protein shakes altogether. How much truth does this hold and are there any other tips for a new competitive BB?

cmamath13
07-07-2008, 09:01 AM
If you have been drinking them all along prep, then it's fine. Don't fix what isn't broken.

Jeff Rodriguez (National Level Natural Bodybuilder) drinks most of his protein last last few days before competition so he can closely measure it and not have to worry about cooking at hotel.

If you don't know who he is, then check this link out. His conditioning is awesome!

http://www.musculardevelopment.com/browse/index.php?mode=browse&id=8798

EBA84
07-07-2008, 11:34 AM
Agree with cutting out the dairy. I keep the protein shakes in the whole time. Eating a lot less protein when carbing up so it makes it easier to keep track of the intake.

labradarep
07-07-2008, 08:38 PM
Depends on whether you are going to lower your water intake prior to the show. If you are then you would be best served by going to whole food or BCAA & EAA capsules.