PDA

View Full Version : Me-vs-comfort food... I win!

Tishalicious
06-29-2008, 09:20 PM
I had a shocking weekend. I weighed myself and found the scales had moved as much as I thought... in the wrong direction though! Just about in tears, I was set to toss the scales over the balcony but hubby stopped me (budget-conscious creature that he is).

I have to see my endocrinologist for diabetes type I in a week's time and I promised myself I would be under 100kgs (about 220lbs) for that appointment. The scales are not looking promising. I'd built that up as such a strong goal that I was absolutely fuming when I found out it might not happen.

BUT...

I didn't go running for Mr Potato, or Mr Muffin, or Mr Cake! I also ignored Mr Pizza!

I'm determined not to stand on those horrible scales again... and keep my diet and exercise program... even step it up a notch.

This is a big thing for me.
My name -was- ComfortFood.
Now its FutureLowBF%

pantherpride17
06-29-2008, 10:29 PM
That's a wonderful attitude to have! I hope you are able to reach your goals. Keep up the good work!

Amanda76
06-29-2008, 10:52 PM
That's great! Those kinds of habits do get easier to keep as time goes on, so keep at it!

Tishalicious
06-29-2008, 11:12 PM
I didn't even feel the need for chocolate! I'm so impressed with my body!

*happy snoopy dance*

Revmachine21
06-30-2008, 01:29 AM
You have a wonderful attitude! Keep it up.

Even people who have been on the journey a while need to go back to the basics sometimes.

My evil nemisis is ice cream and I fell off the wagon about 50 days ago. I've kept a journal outlining my quit here:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=107806021

These days, it's just one day at a time.