PDA

View Full Version : What has changed in 1 year?

moodymikey
06-25-2008, 02:21 AM
As another thread said, its a year today since the Benoit tragedy. Obviously the whole wrestling world and beyond was shocked by what happened that weekend. there was talk of Congress getting involved, wrestlers getting indefinitely suspended and even rumours of the WWE being in trouble. It was thought that chokeholds (including the chokeslam) would be banned and that the WWE wouldnt have any steroid freaks on their broadcast anymore.

However, in this year since the event, what has really happened? People like Batista, Cena and Triple H are still running around clearly on steroids..theres no way they are natural. Sure there are people getting suspended for drugs, but the main-eventers are rarely included in this. As far as I have heard, there hasnt been anything back from Congress yet, and choke holds and submissions are still employed on a regular business.

A year since the tragedy, and im not convinced that a whole load has changed. Other than the fans perception of wrestling has. Wrestling isn't a glorious business anymore, tis nothing mre than a dirty word to me

ProWrestleFan
06-25-2008, 02:39 AM
Nothing has really changed... And rightfully so...

Not everyone is a child murdering, wife choking, suicidal maniac and I don't think it takes a genius to figure that out.

The only, ONLY... ONLY thing I think the WWE needs to crack down on is recreational drug use... Let them use steroids. Steroids arn't the "Bad guy"..... The "bad guys" are coke, speed, pain killers, etc... Not juice. I know you shouldn't mix them all, but take out the bad ones...

Look at Hogan... He prayed, ate vitamins, and used roids... He is the man :)

Seriously though.... Nothing has changed and like I said, rightfully so. This stupid **** posting about this bull**** should just stop.

moodymikey
06-25-2008, 03:01 AM

Not everyone is a child murdering, wife choking, suicidal maniac and I don't think it takes a genius to figure that out.

The only, ONLY... ONLY thing I think the WWE needs to crack down on is recreational drug use... Let them use steroids. Steroids arn't the "Bad guy"..... The "bad guys" are coke, speed, pain killers, etc... Not juice. I know you shouldn't mix them all, but take out the bad ones...

Seriously though.... Nothing has changed and like I said, rightfully so. This stupid **** posting about this bull**** should just stop.

Your opinion obviously which is fine, but do you not think there ridiculous workload should be changed? Surely never been at home with family can't help, always been on the road, always working. Vince almost forcing guys to take roids cos otherwise they get nowhere near the main-event (with the exception of CM Punk). I think they should have a few weeks off the road every year to unwind at home with their families

britishbulld0g
06-25-2008, 03:23 AM
They're all problem drugs imo, due to the excesses to which they get used.

They wouldn't need to use steroids if they weren't working in a profession where the guy with the best physiques invariably end up getting the best pushes and paycheques. Steroids wouldn't be as much of a problem if they could cycle on and off of them every 12 weeks. But since WWE pumps out at least 5 hours of television every week there's never any time for that.

They wouldn't need to use alcohol and painkillers if they weren't working such a demanding schedule; taking bumps that the human body isn't designed to take on a regular basis. Again, people get prescribed pain-killers to use and people drink alcohol all the time without having major problems...it's because they never get time to recover/recuperate from aches, pains and injuries that they get addicted to them. If they do take time off they lose their push/spot and have to work their way up again (unless they're HHH, Batista, Cena, Taker...etc)

And they wouldn't need to use coke/uppers if it weren't for all the downers they take. Some guys get numbed up from all the pain pills/booze that they need something to get them up and out of bed in the morning.

Most guys don't have the luxury of being able to pick and choose the 'good' drugs from the 'bad' drugs.

NukeDukem
06-25-2008, 03:29 AM
Well, a year ago Vince McMahon faked his death.

This week, Vince McMahon faked his death.

AusPower
06-25-2008, 03:47 AM
As another thread said, its a year today since the Benoit tragedy. Obviously the whole wrestling world and beyond was shocked by what happened that weekend. there was talk of Congress getting involved, wrestlers getting indefinitely suspended and even rumours of the WWE being in trouble. It was thought that chokeholds (including the chokeslam) would be banned and that the WWE wouldnt have any steroid freaks on their broadcast anymore.

However, in this year since the event, what has really happened? People like Batista, Cena and Triple H are still running around clearly on steroids..theres no way they are natural. Sure there are people getting suspended for drugs, but the main-eventers are rarely included in this. As far as I have heard, there hasnt been anything back from Congress yet, and choke holds and submissions are still employed on a regular business.

A year since the tragedy, and im not convinced that a whole load has changed. Other than the fans perception of wrestling has. Wrestling isn't a glorious business anymore, tis nothing mre than a dirty word to me

Then do us all a favour and get the **** out?

jimbob007
06-25-2008, 04:03 AM
Nothing has changed and never will, congress are not interested in anything other than 'real sports', workers will carry on taking drugs, and the testing is designed to help them do so.

moodymikey
06-25-2008, 04:42 AM
Then do us all a favour and get the **** out?

im allowed my opinion dude, in the same way you are allowed yours. Its just what i think, i rarely watch wrestling anymore. I was just curious to see what other people think. Sorry you can't comprehend opinions other than your own

AusPower
06-25-2008, 05:10 AM
im allowed my opinion dude, in the same way you are allowed yours. Its just what i think, i rarely watch wrestling anymore. I was just curious to see what other people think. Sorry you can't comprehend opinions other than your own

Sure you are, it doesn't mean your opinion is right though. (Yes, I'm being a jackass).

Heres what I think. If American parents, and parents in the western world in general would stop blaming everyone but themselves for their kids growing up ****ed, then no one would care that wrestlers use steroids, simulate choke holds, or try to provide entertainment.

People need to take something ****ing self responsibility and raise their own kids without relying on television, celebrities, and in this case large men in spandex to do it for them.

There are plenty of worse things on TV than wrestling, such as UFC (oh looky, real chokeholds, Boxing, oh looky, that guy has brain damage from being repeatedley punched in the head, Gridiron (Steroids), Baseball (Steroids), Basketball (Steroids), and pretty much every normal TV show (murders, violence, rape, course language, sex, you name it, and it somehow gets on there for people to see).

Sorry, but all the politically correct bull**** annoys me, because quite frankly, it may be political, but it sure as hell isn't correct, and the people who spearhead the groups aimed at (for example) getting wrestling taken off air, are only in it for the money and the fame.

moodymikey
06-25-2008, 05:27 AM
Im not advocating that it be taken off the air, far from it. For years I loved wrestling and it was a huge part of my life when I was growing up. I would say it dominated my early teens anyway. But what I am saying is that is it not time for wrestlers to not have to work as long schedules and be allowed some down time. They are bound to be in pain a lot of the time cos they are wrstling 3-4 times a week. Plus any practicing they might do. As they are in pain, they take painkillers, and eventually get addicted. All the drug problems that wrestling has could be solved through less taxing schedules and a few weeks downtime a year IMO

ProWrestleFan
06-25-2008, 05:56 AM
Im not advocating that it be taken off the air, far from it. For years I loved wrestling and it was a huge part of my life when I was growing up. I would say it dominated my early teens anyway. But what I am saying is that is it not time for wrestlers to not have to work as long schedules and be allowed some down time. They are bound to be in pain a lot of the time cos they are wrstling 3-4 times a week. Plus any practicing they might do. As they are in pain, they take painkillers, and eventually get addicted. All the drug problems that wrestling has could be solved through less taxing schedules and a few weeks downtime a year IMO

Wrestlers have had schedules like this for a long time... Then some **** happens and everyone gets all tree huggin emotional over their schedule... They have the option to work a lighter schedule, theres TNA and indy shows... They wanna be in the big show, suck it up, man up, grow some balls, and work like everyone else... They get paid decent money to do so.... That's the name of the game, simple as that. They CHOSE this life, no one put it on them.
So can all this bull**** emo ass, "Wrestlers deserve lighter schedules" bull**** stop damnit?!?

Hardbody316
06-25-2008, 06:01 AM
Well, a year ago Vince McMahon faked his death.

This week, Vince McMahon faked his death.

are you kidding me? faked his death this time? are you aware that he was "awake" and im almost 100 percent positive there was no "death" angle involved in this, just him getting really "hurt" so that they didnt have to give away a million dollars every week

Hardbody316
06-25-2008, 06:03 AM

in that case...pro bodybuilding should be illegal...ufc should be 100 percent Illegal, and any movie or tv show that shows someone dying should be taken off the air immediately..

think before you speak

ricanarab
06-25-2008, 06:32 AM
I'd like to see less unprotected chair shots so I don't have to wake up one morning and read an article about how Jay Briscoe killed a meter maid with a package pile driver after masturbating to ejaculation on a fire hydrant in Roanoke.

Blue Blazer
06-25-2008, 07:35 AM

This is the dumbest example ever, Hulk Hogan was also on coke genius :cool: