PDA

View Full Version : fast food carb questions...

janky
06-15-2008, 11:29 AM
I think I've been doin a pretty good job of bringin stuff from home on days I work so that I can stick to my keto plan, but from time to time (and days I work 10 hr shifts) i find myself grabbing some fast food cause it's quick and easy.
My question is, if I pay attention to my nutrient ratios and get something like grilled chicken sandwich (no bun) or subway and just eat the meat cheese veggies and not the bread - would that work? I've seen some mixed opinions on this.. just wondering what everyone thinks.

rhysox
06-15-2008, 11:46 AM
take food to work, enough of it!! fast food = not good.

janky
06-15-2008, 11:54 AM
yea. thats what I figured. I pretty much stay away from the stuff, just wondering if I did it without the bun/bread/whatever if it'd really be that detrimental to my fat loss goals.

rhysox
06-15-2008, 12:00 PM
probably not majorly but like i said to someone else- "meats" from fast food places aren't always carb-free. you'd be very surprised at finding out the ingredients in deli meats and alike. i'd stay away if i were you!!!

BlueFenix13S
06-15-2008, 12:13 PM
Usually the chicken is fine, and at a REAL burger place like Red Robin or Burger King is good. Just watch for add-ons like ketchup, sauces, some cheeses, and other flavorings/seasonings. I used to work in fast food at Backyard Burgers, I'd just get a cheddar burger or mushroom and swiss burger or something in a lettuce wrap and bring some almonds or olive oil from home to have with a side salad.

MarkVI
06-15-2008, 12:23 PM
lol at burger king being real burgers hahaha.

Fast food is more acceptable IMO on KETO especially when you're in a pinch...a double cheeseburger at MCD's with no bun is a great treat and has 50grams of protein.

Horseradish
06-15-2008, 12:29 PM
A good option is to stop at a grocery store and buy a rotisserie chicken. It's fast, cheap (around $7), keto friendly, full of protein, and tasty.

janky
06-15-2008, 12:41 PM
I'm not a huge fan of chicken to tell ya the truth. I guess it'd work good for stopping hunger if I forced down a rotisserie hahah!
I was just wondering about the burgers and subway and etc.

KineticWall
06-15-2008, 12:50 PM
wont the skin like coating stuff they put on have carbs?

BlueFenix13S
06-15-2008, 12:54 PM
lol at burger king being real burgers hahaha.

Fast food is more acceptable IMO on KETO especially when you're in a pinch...a double cheeseburger at MCD's with no bun is a great treat and has 50grams of protein.

Lol well, according to their nutrition info, it's 100% beef, whereas McDonald's has more added junk to it, like soy protein and other crap. I've worked in McD's, Backyard Burgers, and Arby's (damn high school jobs :mad:), and found BYB and Arby's to be more keto friendly. BYB obviously for the several burger choices, and Arby's roast beef has a fairly decent keto ratio, as well as their toasted subs without the sub roll.

janky
06-15-2008, 01:53 PM
I dont even know what backyard burger is lol I live in washington. Arbys is pretty bomb though. I can live with that.
I didnt even know fast food meat has carbs in it!! learn somethin new every day I guess.

KineticWall
06-15-2008, 04:08 PM
i was in a pinch for timiong on my meals today so i ran to wendy's and got 2 stack attacks and just ate the burgers

they seemed fine

zucchin1
06-16-2008, 08:30 AM
I usually go with Wendy's. They have online nutritional menu that you can use to determine your macros. I usually get a triple stack attack, no bun, no ketchup, and a caeser side salad. All of this, I believe, is somewhere around 44g fat, 35g protein, and 8g carbs. Not bad, I think, as long as you keep your carbs down for the rest of your meals. I end up doing this once or twice a week for the last 3 weeks and have still managed to go from 175 to 169. Seems like a healthy enough pace for weightloss.

Granted, I'm also a bit blessed with a high metabolism so I don't know how it would affect you.