PDA

View Full Version : 2nd comp. harder then 1st????

Natdabugg7
06-14-2008, 04:52 AM
Do you guys feel its harder to cut the second time around? I did my first figure show in april and put on about 13 pounds and am not prepping for my second show in september and I am finding it hard to begin to lose weight. I have been lifting very heavy (3 sets, reps 8,6,4) for a couple weeks and at 12 weeks out is when I plan on upping my reps to 15. Could this be a reason my weight loss is a little slow/stalled? Maybe I am putting on muscle so the scale is not budging?

I am just concerned that maybe my metabolism is screwed up or something with cutting for my 1st show then putting on 13 lbs. I am sure it was pretty much all fat too! This is what my current diet looks like (i am 5'8 144lbs)

Meal 1
6 egg whites
1/2 cup original oatmeal
2 tbsp of splenda
2 cups of coffee w/ little milk

meal 2 (PRE WORKOUT)
4oz. grilled salmon
1 medium sweet potato

meal 3 (POST WORKOUT)
Syntrax Cappucino Protein Shake w/ 1/3 cup dry oatmeal and
2 teaspoons glutamine

meal 4
4 oz grilled chicken
2 tbsp salsa
1 flat out light wrap
2 cups cauliflower (or any green veggie i cook)

meal 5
6 egg whites
2 cups zucchini (or any green veggie i cook)

meal 6
1 pro-pudding vanilla
2 tbsp of powdered peanut butter
12 almonds
2 fish oil pills

DAILY TOTAL
Calories:1,456 Fat:29 (20%) Carbs:126 (30%) Protein:189 (50%)

I do cardio 7 x's a week. 5 days 30mins. and 2 days 50-60 minutes. And I weight train 5 days a week.

PLEASE HELP!!!

Transformer08
06-14-2008, 05:37 AM
Do you guys feel its harder to cut the second time around? I did my first figure show in april and put on about 13 pounds and am not prepping for my second show in september and I am finding it hard to begin to lose weight. I have been lifting very heavy (3 sets, reps 8,6,4) for a couple weeks and at 12 weeks out is when I plan on upping my reps to 15. Could this be a reason my weight loss is a little slow/stalled? Maybe I am putting on muscle so the scale is not budging?

I am just concerned that maybe my metabolism is screwed up or something with cutting for my 1st show then putting on 13 lbs. I am sure it was pretty much all fat too! This is what my current diet looks like (i am 5'8 144lbs)

Meal 1
6 egg whites
1/2 cup original oatmeal
2 tbsp of splenda
2 cups of coffee w/ little milk

meal 2 (PRE WORKOUT)
4oz. grilled salmon
1 medium sweet potato

meal 3 (POST WORKOUT)
Syntrax Cappucino Protein Shake w/ 1/3 cup dry oatmeal and
2 teaspoons glutamine

meal 4
4 oz grilled chicken
2 tbsp salsa
1 flat out light wrap
2 cups cauliflower (or any green veggie i cook)

meal 5
6 egg whites
2 cups zucchini (or any green veggie i cook)

meal 6
1 pro-pudding vanilla
2 tbsp of powdered peanut butter
12 almonds
2 fish oil pills

DAILY TOTAL
Calories:1,456 Fat:29 (20%) Carbs:126 (30%) Protein:189 (50%)

I do cardio 7 x's a week. 5 days 30mins. and 2 days 50-60 minutes. And I weight train 5 days a week.

PLEASE HELP!!!

I have never done shows before, but im pretty shore if ur diet was/has been in check post contest mostly water weight would of been gained, if your next prep starts in september, u might wana raise ur calories/carbs and get your body to burning a ahigher amount of calories, then start to cut again as if you would a pre-contest diet...
I dont think the way u train will reflect on ur weight loss, and if u can lift heavy all the way up to the show, do so, dont just change becuase u feel that , that will make you loose fat, the loss of fat comes from the diet and calorific deficit. If u cut 12weeks out, and only 13lbs above contest weight, in theory u could loose around 12-18lbs of fat...(1-1.5lbs a week)...maybe someone else with better knowledge can help, but i hope this helps in any sortt of way.

MassFreak2063
06-14-2008, 06:45 AM
i was stuck for almost a month during this prep at 197....just gotta look in the mirror and not worry about the scale so much. And tweak stuff until it starts movin ya know.

Natdabugg7
06-14-2008, 10:26 AM
thanks for the replies! I mean I feel great and am on track 110% with my diet. Maybe my body is just a little confused since I have changed to such low reps and such heavy weights (which I love by the way!). What do you guys think of my diet? Good macros?

I was thinking of allowing myself one day off of working out. I never really feel refreshed and ready to workout... something is always sore. And I did legs two days ago and they are still sore. So I was planning on taking saturday's off and just taking the oatmeal out of my protein shake for that day since I won't be working out. Do you think I should workout 7 days a week since I am prepping for a show?

I remember for my first show I was just constantly tired and never energized for my workout. It was the worse feeling being physically exhausted all the time. So I think I am better off taking one day off this time around and see how it goes for a couple weeks. If I am not losing like I would like then I can pick it back up again. Opinions?!?!?!?