PDA

View Full Version : Need Professional Advice from experianced bodybuilder on Muscle Soreness/DOMS [Help]

DevilzBoy
04-30-2008, 12:13 PM
I have been lifting for the past 3 years. I weigh 175 lbs, 5'7. Recently I have been very disappointed with the issue i am dealing with.

I can bench press 185 lbs with 12 reps. I can also squat 315 lbs 8 reps with proper form and deadlift 275 lbs 8 reps. However, whenever its a chest day, I try to use proper form and workout hard. I start with flat; 3 sets, 12, 8, 6 reps and then i switch to incline and do the same amount of sets. After i am done with flat and incline, I do decline dumble fly. Total, i do working sets of 9 on my chest.

Thats what I usualy eat in a day. Meal 1: 100% whole wheat tortia with 4 eggs. Meal 2: 1/2 cup oat with milk and tuna fish can. Meal 3: 3 Small chicken pieces with 3 100% whole wheat tortia. Meal 4: 100% whole wheat bread with can of tuna on it. Meal 5: 1 cup oat mixed with milk and some chicken. Meal 6: 2 scoops of whey with 1 potato. So i am estimating that i take around 200 grams of protein in a day.

The problem is that after working out my chest muscles, my soreness lasts for 4 or 5 days. Chest muscle soreness for me peaks in exactly 48 hours which is very unusual. Chest is the only muscle group where I am encountering this problem and recently I am very frustrated with this. My bodybuilding career is on the line. I need some professional advice. Please help me out and tell me how do I reduce my chest muscle soreness. I like soreness which means its an indication of a good exersize but for couple days only. My back usualy repairs less than 72 hours. Legs sometimes do not get sore at all. Biceps do not get sore. Shoulders only get sore after a chest workout but if shoulders worked out by itself, they never get sore.

Chest muscle group needs some help. Please help me out , I would appreciate your advice. Waiting for your response.