PDA

View Full Version : Avery Johnson should be Fired

GoldBlue
04-20-2008, 08:32 AM
(No chemz)

Look what he has done with the Mavs. The Mavs should be absolutely destroying anything or anyone in their past, it doesn't matter if they were in the west or the east. He's taken a high-powered exciting offense and turned it into a slow, uptight isolation offense. If Dirk isn't open in the low post, might as well let the shot clock run down. Josh Howard is now afraid to take any shot, Jason Kidd is hindered by no fast break, no transitional offense, Jason Terry might as well just stay along the baseline 3 point line and shoot desperation shots.

Yes the Mavs reached the finals under him and won 67 games, but look what he inherited. Don Nelson and Donnie Nelson built this team. They won so many games because of offensive fluidness, and ability to drive and score. Avery installed a good D, and they were unbeatable (until they met Don Nelson again). Now everything they do is about, one on one, give it to Dirk and pray. I think Avery is a good coach, just not good for the Mavs.

Look at the Mavs problems this year. Scoring, and execution. Dirk's numbers are down, Kidd took till the last game of the year to get a triple-double. Josh Howard will never take a shot anymore. Jason Terry cant make ****, Jerry Stackhouse is non-existent (yes I know, injuries), Erica Dampier actually had an OK year.

The Mavericks, under any other offensively minded coach would be obliterating everyone.

Recently our D has been failing us. Well no ****. Thats what happens when you trade two of our best defenders. Diop and Harris would the meat and potatoes of our D. Diop was a block machine, Harris was the quickest (maybe 2nd behind parker), PG in the league, who finally developed a shot. So who do we have that can play D now? Well Dirk cant, Kidd is OK... against bigger PG's like B Diddy... not against Paul or Parker, Howard is OK, but makes bonehead fouls, Jason Terry... not, Erica Dampier LOL wut? The only other guy who can play D is Brandon Bass, who is the ONLY reason we have a presence under the basket, he is a beast.

Mavs SHOULD be a Dynasty, but they have been hindered. Mavs could have an offense like Golden State or Phoenix, and a D not unlike San Antonio's.

Oh well another disappointing year in Dallas, one and done. (Mavs, Cowboys... lol Rangers...)

fivas15
04-20-2008, 08:40 AM
Now that I think about it....(No chemz)

Look what he has done with the Mavs. The Mavs should be absolutely destroying anything or anyone in their past, it doesn't matter if they were in the west or the east. He's taken a high-powered exciting offense and turned it into a slow, uptight isolation offense. If Dirk isn't open in the low post, might as well let the shot clock run down. Josh Howard is now afraid to take any shot, Jason Kidd is hindered by no fast break, no transitional offense, Jason Terry might as well just stay along the baseline 3 point line and shoot desperation shots.

Yes the Mavs reached the finals under him and won 67 games, but look what he inherited. Don Nelson and Donnie Nelson built this team. They won so many games because of offensive fluidness, and ability to drive and score. Avery installed a good D, and they were unbeatable (until they met Don Nelson again). Now everything they do is about, one on one, give it to Dirk and pray. I think Avery is a good coach, just not good for the Mavs.

Look at the Mavs problems this year. Scoring, and execution. Dirk's numbers are down, Kidd took till the last game of the year to get a triple-double. Josh Howard will never take a shot anymore. Jason Terry cant make ****, Jerry Stackhouse is non-existent (yes I know, injuries), Erica Dampier actually had an OK year.

The Mavericks, under any other offensively minded coach would be obliterating everyone.

Recently our D has been failing us. Well no ****. Thats what happens when you trade two of our best defenders. Diop and Harris would the meat and potatoes of our D. Diop was a block machine, Harris was the quickest (maybe 2nd behind parker), PG in the league, who finally developed a shot. So who do we have that can play D now? Well Dirk cant, Kidd is OK... against bigger PG's like B Diddy... not against Paul or Parker, Howard is OK, but makes bonehead fouls, Jason Terry... not, Erica Dampier LOL wut? The only other guy who can play D is Brandon Bass, who is the ONLY reason we have a presence under the basket, he is a beast.

Mavs SHOULD be a Dynasty, but they have been hindered. Mavs could have an offense like Golden State or Phoenix, and a D not unlike San Antonio's.

Oh well another disappointing year in Dallas, one and done. (Mavs, Cowboys... lol Rangers...)a

niospecv
04-20-2008, 09:00 AM
eh-oh-el

kooldude
04-20-2008, 09:17 AM
umm....you only lost 1 game....

sammy21
04-20-2008, 09:48 AM
mavs were never destined to be a dynasty...especially with DIRK as the star (lol) when is he going to man up and drive to the hoop and stop being a pussy and stop taking a bunch of fade aways.

JuanDenver
04-20-2008, 09:52 AM
Avery didnt pull the drunk retard move in letting nash get away, only to pay an entire countries gdp in order to get jason kidd complete with a walker.

chemz
04-20-2008, 09:57 AM
you forgot to put (no racist) .. but no actually avery johnson is one of the best coaches in the nba. the western conference is too good right now. dallas should move to the east somewhere, maybe vermont or montreal. they would always end 1st or 2nd .

Scorpion613
04-20-2008, 10:10 AM
you forgot to put (no racist) .. but no actually avery johnson is one of the best coaches in the nba. the western conference is too good right now. dallas should move to the east somewhere, maybe vermont or montreal. they would always end 1st or 2nd .

then they would get raped by the pistons or celtics...

GoldBlue
04-20-2008, 10:14 AM
My question is, why would Avery play guys like Juan Howard or Eddie Jones, when they barley play all year long during a PLAYOFF game. That the end of the Mavs bench. Why did we sign Lue?

Avery's coaching approach just doesn't seem to flow.

Scorpion613
04-20-2008, 11:02 AM
My question is, why would Avery play guys like Juan Howard or Eddie Jones, when they barley play all year long during a PLAYOFF game. That the end of the Mavs bench. Why did we sign Lue?

Avery's coaching approach just doesn't seem to flow.

because they have no bench... the jason kidd trade was a big mistake, they don't even use him the right way. His defensive presence is only on the opposing team's PG, and he's not that good of a defender anymore, he's too slow to keep up with star PG's like tony parker, or chris paul. I'd rather have Diop blocking and changing shots in the paint then Kidd only guarding one player.

sillz100
04-20-2008, 11:11 AM
umm....you only lost 1 game....

people jump off bridges for one regular season game. This was a playoff game! Don't you remeber all those stupid lakers threads when they lost to bad teams.

This was a playoff game.

FIRE THE COACHES. TRADE THE SUPERSTARS, BENCH EVERY1, EVERY TRADE THEY EVER MADE WAS TERRIBLE, OMG SOMETHING MUST BE DONE!

Scorpion613
04-20-2008, 11:24 AM
people jump off bridges for one regular season game. This was a playoff game! Don't you remeber all those stupid lakers threads when they lost to bad teams.

This was a playoff game.

FIRE THE COACHES. TRADE THE SUPERSTARS, BENCH EVERY1, EVERY TRADE THEY EVER MADE WAS TERRIBLE, OMG SOMETHING MUST BE DONE!

80% of teams who lost the first game in a playoff series lose the series.

sillz100
04-20-2008, 11:30 AM
80% of teams who lost the first game in a playoff series lose the series.

Thats a misleading stat if u think about it. They said it many times trying to hype the games up. But its not that significant.

black sabbath
04-20-2008, 12:39 PM
He will be fired after the Mavs suffer another first round defeat this year.

GoldBlue
04-20-2008, 01:31 PM

This was a playoff game.

Its a culmination of this season read my 1st post idiot. We got exposed very bad last night, which is a microcosm of this entire season. Look good on paper and play good for a while until it really comes crunch time.

SomeoneStopMe
04-20-2008, 02:01 PM
"Dirk! Dirk! Dirk! Get in the PAOST!!!!"

sillz100
04-20-2008, 02:09 PM
Its a culmination of this season read my 1st post idiot. We got exposed very bad last night, which is a microcosm of this entire season. Look good on paper and play good for a while until it really comes crunch time.

did you watch the game? or just look at the stats afterwards?

Scorpion613
04-20-2008, 02:12 PM

I've seen about 10 mavs game this season, and in every game they were unable to perform at crunch time or at during the entire 4th quarter, this is exactly what happened yesterday, what don't you understand?

GoldBlue
04-20-2008, 03:18 PM

Watched the game from start to finish. Same with every Mavs game.

Whats your point?

tchalldaway
04-20-2008, 03:28 PM
yea mavs are pretty stakced on paper they should be able to eat up lakers or any team. i lost $350 last night because of them ;( i want to shoot myself brb.

Pretty Boy Floyd
04-20-2008, 04:04 PM
I think so too

theres no proof of that guy being a great coach, he inherited what was probaby the best team for a rookie coach to get, they didnt win 20 games or anything like that, he got a 50+ win team and went from there

GoldBlue
04-22-2008, 06:25 PM
Looks like Avery did a really good job preparing the Mavs for tonight!!!

He's also wearing his Spurs Title ring

soleus
04-22-2008, 06:33 PM
Looks like Avery did a really good job preparing the Mavs for tonight!!!

He's also wearing his Spurs Title ring

No probs with him wearing the ring.
But his window is shut with this team....another sonics of the 90s....all the potential, but never delivered.

johnny87
04-22-2008, 06:34 PM
I think so too

theres no proof of that guy being a great coach, he inherited what was probaby the best team for a rookie coach to get, they didnt win 20 games or anything like that, he got a 50+ win team and went from there

i dunno, the kidd trade was pretty ****. was he responsible for that?

They were clearly a better team with harris.

JuanDenver
04-22-2008, 06:37 PM
(No chemz)

Oh well another disappointing year in Dallas, one and done. (Mavs, Cowboys... lol Rangers...)
sht dood. I just realized you put a crap load of time and effort into that post.

u mad?

CerealKiller
04-22-2008, 06:38 PM
No probs with him wearing the ring.
But his window is shut with this team....another sonics of the 90s....all the potential, but never delivered.

Yup. Shot their wad last season.

Once they lost to Golden State their confidence was shot and it has carried over.

arankan
04-30-2008, 02:20 PM
Hey! Check this out! Avery Johnson Fired Video Report!
http://yetmorefun.net/mov.php?v=Avery_Johnson_Fired_Video_Report

b3rtstare
04-30-2008, 03:42 PM
(No chemz)

wow....x2.

That is exactly how I feel. Only you said it better than I could. Im glad Avery's gone. I wonder who the mavs should hire though. Im hoping they bring in D'antoni.