PDA

View Full Version : Skinny Fat to Fit! (Pics)

de.licious
03-25-2008, 04:49 PM
Hey! Welcome to my Journal.

Brief intro: I?m 24 from the UK and a complete newbie when it comes to fitness and healthy living. In the past I?ve had some pretty ****ty attitudes to food and my body which I?m determined to put behind me. My Goal is to get healthy, fit and ripped. I want a strong body that I?m proud of...oh and I want to look great on the beach too! ;)

Below are my goals, diet and exercise plans ? I?d love your comments and advice, as I said I?m new to this so I?m sure I?ve got loads to learn! (My BF has promised to help but I definitely need some female wisdom!)

Goals:

Goal Weight: 110lbs
Current Weight: 118lbs
Goal Body Fat: 15-18%
Current Body Fat: 25%
Goal Measurements: 32/24/34
Current Measurements: 32/26/38

Diet: 1250 calories per day

Breakfast: Oats, Blueberries & Yogurt ? 250 calories
Lunch: Sardines in olive oil (drained), cayenne pepper, tomato paste, Bread & Salad ? 350 calories
Snack 1: Protein Shake with Blueberries ? 150 cals
Snack 2: Raisin Porridge ? 150 cals
Dinner: Egg white Omelette with Vegetables, sweet potato & extra light philadelphia ? 250 cals
Alcohol: Red Wine: 100 calories
Drinks: Green Tea: 6 cups, Diet Coke: 1 Can, Water: 1 litre

Exercise: 4 Sessions per week

Session 1: Cardio 30mins. Weights: Abs, Legs & Butt
Session 2: Cardio 30mins. Weights: Back & Arms
Session 3: Cardio 30mins. Weights: Chest, Shoulders & Abs
Session 4: Cardio 50mins.

Finally, here is Skinny Fat me: 0% Muscle 25% Body fat 118lbs!

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/1105/spottyunderwearhw3.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Looking forward to your comments :)

freebirdmac
03-25-2008, 05:18 PM
No way are you 25% bf. I'd put it more at 16%. You do not need to lose any bf at all. You are in a perfect position to gain muscle! At your height 110# is anorexic. Heck at your height 118 is under weight. Slow down on the cardio, stop under eating (!), and lift heavy (before any cardio).

Honestly you really look great now. Please don't let perception issues or eating disorders screw it up. You will look and feel awful.

debrovnik
03-25-2008, 05:21 PM
No way are you 25% bf. I'd put it more at 16%. You do not need to lose any bf at all. You are in a perfect position to gain muscle! At your height 110# is anorexic. Heck at your height 118 is under weight. Slow down on the cardio, stop under eating (!), and lift heavy (before any cardio).

Honestly you really look great now. Please don't let perception issues or eating disorders screw it up. You will look and feel awful.

She's not 16% b/f - more like 22%

She definately doesn't have and ED's or perception issues!

(I'm her boyfriend BTW;))

freebirdmac
03-25-2008, 05:34 PM
She's not 16% b/f - more like 22%

She definately doesn't have and ED's or perception issues!

(I'm her boyfriend BTW;))

Something is not right here. She does not look like 22%. How did y'all arrive at that number?

Regardless, eating 1250 calories a day is starvation and wanting to weigh 110# at her height is way under weight.

twinnett
03-25-2008, 05:38 PM
I agree!!! I'm 5' 7 and when I weighed 110#, I looked like a bag of bones! You really should focus on eating more, lifting heavy and gaining muscle..you do NOT need to lose weight!

de.licious
03-25-2008, 05:39 PM

No not anorexic...I just have a really tiny frame, minimal muscle and therefore high BF%!

freebirdmac
03-25-2008, 05:48 PM
No not anorexic...I just have a really tiny frame, minimal muscle and therefore high BF%!

That is exactly what skinny-fat means (although I think you are over estimating your bf) and why you need to focus on muscle gains and not bf. I can see your quads so you can't be but so low on lbm. It really is hard to gain muscle and lose bf at the same time. It is far more efficient to do one or the other. At 1250 calories all you will accomplish is trashing your metabolism and risk losing what muscle you do have. We're not talking about getting all big and bulky, that is really hard to do and takes years.

I'm 5'4" with small frame. I know what 100# pounds looks like.

debrovnik
03-25-2008, 05:48 PM
Something is not right here. She does not look like 22%. How did y'all arrive at that number?.

What's not right? We arrived at the number through 2 differnet types of BF testing and me having about 6 year experience testing b/f's.

She has a small upper body and holds ALL of her fat on her ass / thighs, which you can't really see in the picture (also, the pic may be squished / elongated on your browser)

Regardless, eating 1250 calories a day is starvation and wanting to weigh 110# at her height is way under weight.

Her cals are too low at the moment, but she hasn't started her exercise regime yet.

de.licious
03-25-2008, 06:08 PM
That is exactly what skinny-fat means (although I think you are over estimating your bf) and why you need to focus on muscle gains and not bf. I can see your quads so you can't be but so low on lbm. It really is hard to gain muscle and lose bf at the same time. It is far more efficient to do one or the other. At 1250 calories all you will accomplish is trashing your metabolism and risk losing what muscle you do have. We're not talking about getting all big and bulky, that is really hard to do and takes years.

I'm 5'4" with small frame. I know what 100# pounds looks like.

Thanks for your advice...I'm very sedentary at the moment (16 hour days at work in front of the computer) so for me 1250 is maintaining. So once I start my exercise program maybe I will need to address my calories - what would you suggest? As I mentioned I've had issues in the past (I've got down to 105lbs in a very unhealthy way) but mentally things for me now are very different...before I wanted to be thin at any cost, now I want to be fit, strong and healthy; this is the only body I have and I truly want to take care of it.

Maybe my perceptions are a little off...I find it hard to believe I will be able to get ripped eating more than 1250 but hey if that's what its takes I'll give it a go...thats why I've decided to post a journal here to get advice and make progress :)

de.licious
03-25-2008, 06:10 PM
She has a small upper body and holds ALL of her fat on her ass / thighs, which you can't really see in the picture

Lol...thanks for telling everyone about my fat ass ;)

twinnett
03-25-2008, 06:13 PM
You NEED to eat more than 1250 to see the results that you want. When my metabolism was slow and I had no muscle, I would gain eating 1300 or 1400 calories...now if I eat under 2000, I start losing!

freebirdmac
03-25-2008, 06:28 PM
^^^ X2

Maintaining at 1250 is a mirage, a symptom of a metabolism in starvation mode. It has throttled back to weather the famine and will hold on to every ounce of fat it can, even if it means eating muscle. Eating slightly above that just gets stored as fat.

Your basil metabolic rate is around 1250. That is the bare minimum you need if you stayed in bed and slept all day. Even sedentary you burn more than that. Terracotta's site is awesome for nutrition info including calculators http://www.hotnfit.com/nutrition_design.htm#top. Use them as a starting point.

I was eating 1250 (due to food intolerances), sedentary, and maintaining. A very good woman here threw rocks at my head and I pushed up to 1800 while lifting 3x a week, no cardio. No I did not gain a ton of bf. Instead I found my real maintenance is 1700 and gained some nice muscle. And I am much older than you and hypothyroid.

It is so important to eat properly to keep your metabolism fired up. Go figure! You actually get to eat more to reach your goals! Just make it good food and track your diet. It's far easier to debug a plateau when you have everything logged.

But good grief! You really do look great!

de.licious
03-25-2008, 06:34 PM
Thanks *blushes*

I 100% get what your saying...for an (almost) ex calorie phobic raising cals is tough...I'm going to start with 1400 and see how that goes, Ill try and track what I eat here so feel free to 'throw rocks' at me if I mess up!

de.licious
03-25-2008, 06:39 PM
You NEED to eat more than 1250 to see the results that you want. When my metabolism was slow and I had no muscle, I would gain eating 1300 or 1400 calories...now if I eat under 2000, I start losing!

Thanks for the advice...I'm going to start by upping my intake to around 1400 - I'll see how it goes from there!

Oh and I love the doggy in your Avatar - he's cute!