PDA

View Full Version : Anyone need some diet advise let me know

alex a
03-20-2008, 07:45 PM
Hey dudes and chicks too. I remember starting off bodybuilding and not knowing much about nutrition, now ive pretty much got a diet that works all year long. And my diet is loaded with carbs. My name is Alex Azarian. I am a national contender. Im sponsored by muscletech to compete at the nationals.

Come contest time, I have no problem getting shredded.

You can check out some of my pics three weeks out leading up to my last show. First I will post my year round, off season pic and some other pics

If you have any questions and need some help, ask and I will give it my best answer. Im not the biggest guy in on the scene but one of the most shredded

UCFBuilder
03-20-2008, 08:00 PM
HI, ive been looking for a year round diet that will continue to help me build muscle while staying lean(8-10% bf). Ive been working out hard for about a year now and, after i lost 45 pounds which put me at 155 8% bf. I have the working out part down packed, ive done tons of research on every muscle and how to best work it out, but my nutrition is still lacking. Now i way 165 and have gone up to 10% bf. I can tell that i have put on alot of muscle and i have become alot more defined but i did put on some fat in the process. i dont eat any junk food, i dont eat fast food, hell i dont even go out to eat, everything i cook or prepare myself, my diet contains about 100-115 grams of protein a day, its low in fat and high in carbs. i was just wondering ifyou can help me out with getting a daily diet plan, thanks

aborum89
03-20-2008, 08:10 PM
Have you always had a very high metabolism and been very lean? Also, have you ever experimented with low carb diets and what is your opinion on them? Thanks for answering questions from us less experienced people. It really helps a lot to learn from people who have been doing this for a long time. btw, your conditioning is incredible!!! Are you going to do nationals again this year?

hungrylotus
03-20-2008, 08:30 PM
If you have any questions and need some help, ask and I will give it my best answer. Im not the biggest guy in on the scene but one of the most shredded

Hey man, you look A M A Z I N G. I'll pm you shortly.

Ilove2Huck
03-20-2008, 09:03 PM
Can I borrow your calves? Is there anyway you could post up a sample diet or even just macros, or meals you like? Your theory on sugar/fruit intake, PWO meals anything would be awesome

Jules Verne
03-21-2008, 05:06 AM
Great physique. Unfortunately a quick look though this thread:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=3697241&highlight=aspire+celebrity

shows that more people around here (especially 'beginners') are interested in a skinny-athletic look than BBer.

Apparently this is something to really aspire to:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/34/72964496_a508b1fc6e.jpg

And that's by far not the worst!

alex a
03-21-2008, 05:51 AM
Have you always had a very high metabolism and been very lean? Also, have you ever experimented with low carb diets and what is your opinion on them? Thanks for answering questions from us less experienced people. It really helps a lot to learn from people who have been doing this for a long time. btw, your conditioning is incredible!!! Are you going to do nationals again this year?

Actually bro, i was always really stocky and not lean! but i got tired of not being able to take my shirt off and be proud

I started off trying the low carb diets and they didnt work well for me. I was miserable to death and i didnt get in shape like i do now

I am doing the nationals this year and am very excited. I am just training hard and staying in shape and the show is very far away. But I just maintain my condition, im also putting on some quality weight. not much but I just need to gain a bit since im moving up in weight class.

beaul
03-21-2008, 09:36 AM
Do you cycle carbs? If so can you give me an example week of how many high, moderate and low days?

What type of cardio and how much do you do leading up to a contest?

Are you eating clean 100% of the time pre-contest?

My current diet is working, but i have never been this lean, so sometimes i start to doubt myself. I am pretty low carb, and have had only 3 cheat/re-feed days in the last 15 weeks, mainly to carb up, but some of the food is dirty... ie pizza. And after my cheat days i feel like a complete beast in the gym. So this makes me wonder if I should cycle carbs throughout the week.

You are insanely ripped, i can only dream of being that shredded some day. Keep up the good work!

Thanks for any help

hungrylotus
03-21-2008, 07:03 PM
Great physique. Unfortunately a quick look though this thread:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=3697241&highlight=aspire+celebrity

shows that more people around here (especially 'beginners') are interested in a skinny-athletic look than BBer.

Apparently this is something to really aspire to:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/34/72964496_a508b1fc6e.jpg

And that's by far not the worst!

People have different goals dude. There is nothing wrong with preferring one look over another, if you want muscles you still have to get them the same way.

For me, doing modelling and making good money from it, prohibits getting too big.

Sooooo don't act so high, mighty and self righteous just cause you have (god forbid) a different goal/motivation than some people.

helius117
03-21-2008, 07:51 PM
My goal is to loose fat in my midsection, i work at a gas station so i get bored and hungry all the time while im there. I just started snacking on carrots and other orange vegitables and i was wondering, if i eat like a 1/2 lb of carrots over 5 hours, is that going to stop me from loosing weight because they are sweet?

Also i jog 1-2 miles every weekday and lift weights 3 times a week.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Sean