PDA

View Full Version : Heavy Lifting And Bladder!!!!

TANK25
03-19-2008, 08:21 AM
This is a serious question.Could you cause internal damage,if you are doing a heavy squat or dead while having to urinate?

jtroster
03-19-2008, 08:42 AM
You will probably wet yourself before causing bladder damage.

britonarius
03-19-2008, 08:45 AM
The bladder will let go before any damage but it is wise to pee prior to lifting.

Hikemike
03-19-2008, 08:56 AM
This is a serious question.Could you cause internal damage,if you are doing a heavy squat or dead while having to urinate?

Probably more damage to your ego than anyting else!!:)

Mark1T
03-19-2008, 08:59 AM

I do not know, but for me, I would never ever try to lift anything with a full bladder. Too uncomfortable. Try filling a balloon with water and squeeze it with both hands with increasing pressure. See what happens. Common sense tells me, yeah, something bad could happen.

PLANETGETLOW
03-19-2008, 08:59 AM
If you have a bladder disease you could cause injury to it.

Whiskeyjack
03-19-2008, 10:58 AM
I saw a heavy lifter squat once and sh*t himself. He yanked down his drawers and showed us all. It was "mental."

lukamar
03-19-2008, 11:21 AM
I saw a heavy lifter squat once and sh*t himself. He yanked down his drawers and showed us all. It was "mental."

LOL I was just going to say it's probably not a good idea to do squats with a full colon either as that's natures natural position...:D

jude-o
03-19-2008, 12:19 PM
It shouldn't be a problem. The pressure outside the bladder (from increased intra-abdominal pressure) will be counter-balanced by the force of the urine pushing back, so there's not really a net 'crushing' effect. (By way of comparison, the atmosphere puts about 14 psi on us, but it doesn't bother us because the pressure is evenly distributed inside and out our bodies.)

Skidmarx
03-19-2008, 12:27 PM

Crappe Squats? Very European.

cgc
03-19-2008, 12:44 PM
A buddy of mine I used to work with (I know, I know..."I have this friend"....but it's legit...serioulsy) who said when he was younger, he had to pee one time and went to lift multiple cartons of paper (worked in a printing factory) and the urin backed up past his bladder....
He said it felt like he was on fire and he ended up in the ER.

Like others have said, I can't imagine lifting heavy and having to use the restroom....that would just suck. Kind of like trying to squat if you feel a fart coming on....that just isn't going to lead to good things.