PDA

View Full Version : Tifflex's 2009 Contest Prep

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Tifflex
03-07-2008, 06:00 AM
Good Morning everyone!

I happened to run across an amazing opportunity to join Team Scivation. Members of TS receive a 12 wk diet and training program along with unlimited email access to Marc Lobliner and Derek "Beast" Charlebois for the sum of $0:eek:. I am a Scivation/Primaforce customer so this opportunity is perfect for me.

I received a personalized plan Wednesday night and was like a kid on Christmas morning. I started the diet on Thursday and will start weight training on Saturday. I am forcing myself to rest so I can give 100% over the next 12 weeks.

Nutrition
~1800 cals (6 meals)
252g protein
90g f

Carbs will be ~3 cups of veggies a day. I am allowed one cheat/carb meal a week.

Supps
Multi, Vit C, Fish oil (3x a day), Xtend, Elastamine (3x a day).

Training: (Phase 1)

The goal of Phase 1 is to increase the volume each week. In addition to adding sets each week you should always strive to lift a great load each workout.

Day 1: Back (2-5sets 6-10 reps)
Deadlifts
Pull-up
Bent over Row
Rev Pec Deck

Day 2: Chest/Shoulders (2-5sets 6-10 reps)
Bench Press
Inc DB Press
Dips
Military or DB Press
DB Side Lateral

Day 3: Legs (2-5sets 6-10 reps)
Squats
Stiff Leg Deadlift
Leg Press or Lunges
Leg Ext
Leg Curl
Standing Calf Raise
Seated Calf Raise

Day 4: Arms/Calves (2-5sets 6-10 reps)
BB Curl
Close Grip Bench
Skull Crusher
Db Curl

Cardio:
30 minutes low intensity on weight training days (4x a wk).
30 minutes (15 HIIT, 15 low intensity) (2x a wk).

jtroster
03-07-2008, 06:06 AM
I also signed up. Its a great opportunity. Derek must be real busy.

Tifflex
03-07-2008, 06:20 AM
I will be sending updates to Derek on Sundays so I won't have my beginning stats until then.

Goals:
I've given my goals serious thought. I stated before that I want to be 160lbs at the end of this cut. I am afraid of losing that quickly because a lot of that would be lean mass. I want to lose body fat and not be a slave to the scale. I am a bodybuilder and I will act like one. Derek will be tweaking my program as needed so I will focus on staying on track.

I will lose 1.5-2lbs of fat each week and this would give me an 18-24lb fat loss.

Besides the above goal, I want to accomplish the following:

--Follow program 100%.
--Have fun and enjoy the journey.
--Stay injury free.
--Maintain lean mass.
--Help others who read this journal.
--Be smoking hot:).

Tifflex
03-07-2008, 06:30 AM
Happy Friday everyone!

Welcome to my new home:). Please feel free to comment, ask questions, etc. over the next 12 weeks.

Friday: Cardio
30 min walk at 10% incline, 3.3-3.5 spd

Tifflex
03-07-2008, 06:32 AM
I also signed up. Its a great opportunity. Derek must be real busy.

Great, I will visit you more often:p. This is a huge undertaking for them. Derek was posting after 10 last night so he's very busy.

Have a great Friday!

freebirdmac
03-07-2008, 06:46 AM
I wish I could take advantage of this, but food intolerances pretty much wipe out supplements. Heck it wipes out a lot of food choices :)

But I'll be watching! With your determination I know you're going to rock!

Tifflex
03-07-2008, 06:49 AM
I wish I could take advantage of this, but food intolerances pretty much wipe out supplements. Heck it wipes out a lot of food choices :)
You can do it WITHOUT the supplements. I choose to use the supps listed above. Scivation recommends certain supplements but they also state you do not have to use them. Check it out:)!

But I'll be watching! With your determination I know you're going to rock!

Thank you!

ArchAngel'73
03-07-2008, 07:07 AM
1st page legendary thread:D
5 stars
Great opportunity Tiffany, I'm glad you took it.

CapitalJay
03-07-2008, 07:25 AM
Hey there Tiffany!!

Looks like a great opportunity. I'm going to have to look into this. :)

I will be sending updates to Derek on Sundays so I won't have my beginning stats until then.

Goals:
I've given my goals serious thought. I stated before that I want to be 160lbs at the end of this cut. I am afraid of losing that quickly because a lot of that would be lean mass. I want to lose body fat and not be a slave to the scale. I am a bodybuilder and I will act like one. Derek will be tweaking my program as needed so I will focus on staying on track.

I will lose 1.5-2lbs of fat each week and this would give me an 18-24lb fat loss.

Besides the above goal, I want to accomplish the following:

--Follow program 100%.
--Have fun and enjoy the journey.
--Stay injury free.
--Maintain lean mass.
--Help others who read this journal.
--Be smoking hot:).

So, you're starting off great 'cause you already achieved your last goal! :D

CrazyEnough
03-07-2008, 07:37 AM
sweet!!! Ill be tagging along for the ride! ;)

Samraiwise
03-07-2008, 08:01 AM
Hi Tiffany. http://www.angelfire.com/nb/kazuo/img/sm_hi.gif

Phase 1 sounds hardcore!!
Like Brian said!! http://www.angelfire.com/nb/kazuo/img/star_rating5.gif

Have a great start!!

Tifflex
03-07-2008, 10:15 AM
1st page legendary thread:D
5 stars
Great opportunity Tiffany, I'm glad you took it.
Epic journal:p.

Hey there Tiffany!!

Looks like a great opportunity. I'm going to have to look into this.

Hi Jay,

Here is the link
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=106268001

So, you're starting off great 'cause you already achieved your last goal! :D
You sweet talker, thank you!

sweet!!! Ill be tagging along for the ride! ;)
Welcome crazyenough! I like your name btw. Prepare to see me lose fat while kicking butt in the gym. Thanks for visiting!

Hi Tiffany.

Phase 1 sounds hardcore!!
Have a great start!!

Hiya Kaz, thanks! I am so ready to train. I'm eating meal 3 and watching deadlift videos:)
I'm into my second day of the diet. Yesterday I was a little groggy from not having carbs but I'm feeling better today.

My boss bought pizza and salad for everyone today. My office, like so many others, is very political so I needed to show my face. She couldn't understand why I wasn't eating so I fixed myself a green salad with onions and a few cucumbers. I put my chicken breast on the salad for my protein source. I like the flexibility of this diet AND I refuse to have an unscheduled cheat:p.

CapitalJay
03-07-2008, 10:24 AM
I'm into my second day of the diet. Yesterday I was a little groggy from not having carbs but I'm feeling better today.

My boss bought pizza and salad for everyone today. My office, like so many others, is very political so I needed to show my face. She couldn't understand why I wasn't eating so I fixed myself a green salad with onions and a few cucumbers. I put my chicken breast on the salad for my protein source. I like the flexibility of this diet AND I refuse to have an unscheduled cheat:p.

Hi Tiffany! Good for you for not cheating! It's hard when you have to do the political thing! Office politics suck. (OK, it's fun to play, though.) ;)

flywheel99
03-07-2008, 11:09 AM
Hey Tiffany.

You're on fire and it is fun to follow your journey.

Keep inspiring the rest of us!

ChocoChick
03-07-2008, 12:35 PM
Whew!

I saw your old journal was locked and I got nervous for a bit. Glad you are here.

IronIc
03-07-2008, 12:56 PM
Am I still on Page 1? :p

Congrats on resisting the lunch pizza at work. This will be interesting indeed to follow!

You're already smoking hot, so you'll have to change that goal to smoking HOTTER!!! :D

Tifflex
03-07-2008, 01:44 PM
Hi Tiffany! Good for you for not cheating! It's hard when you have to do the political thing! Office politics suck. (OK, it's fun to play, though.) ;)
I used to despise office politics Jay and thought hard work was the way to go:rolleyes:. I've gotten wiser and have learned to play the game even though I'd rather be doing something else.

Hey Tiffany.

You're on fire and it is fun to follow your journey.

Keep inspiring the rest of us!
Hi Jon! It feels like I've been renewed and I'm so excited about this opportunity. I'm not sure how inspiring I am but I'll do my best.

Whew!

I saw your old journal was locked and I got nervous for a bit. Glad you are here.
If I go away I will tell you first;). The old journal was long and I wanted something new to reflect this new chapter.

Am I still on Page 1? :p

Congrats on resisting the lunch pizza at work. This will be interesting indeed to follow!

You're already smoking hot, so you'll have to change that goal to smoking HOTTER!!! :D
You're too kind Penney:). I'm ready to rock!

Tifflex
03-07-2008, 05:32 PM
I thought some folks would be interested in what I've eaten today.

I'm supposed to get 6 oz protein and 15g fat at each meal. I can have up to 3 cups of veggies per day. As you can see I went over on veggies today.

Meal 1:
6 egg whites
3 whole eggs
1/2 c broc

Meal 2:
6 oz chicken
6 tsp natty pb
1/2 c broc

Meal 3:
6 oz chicken
2 cups salad greens
a few cucumbers
1 tbsp salad dressing
2 oz salmon
1/2 c broc

Meal 4:
5 oz chicken
2 oz salmon
12 almonds
1/2 c broc

Meal 5:
2 scoops Substance WPI
6 tsp natty pb

Meal 6: (at 9:00-9:30)
6 egg whites
3 whole eggs

Reflections:
I've been on the diet for only two days but have noticed that I am very hungry when I wake up and about 2 hours after I eat. I hope this means my body is liking the change:).

Have a great night!

ms_mac
03-07-2008, 06:50 PM
YAHH! I signed up, too. Haven't received a reply yet but I imagine Derek has 1000's of people responding to this.

Good Luck, Tiffany. I'll be following along as well on your new journey.

BigBT
03-07-2008, 08:26 PM
Tiffany, I can't wait to follow your progress on this. The split looks great and the amount of food looks like something I'd be eating!

Tifflex
03-08-2008, 04:53 AM
YAHH! I signed up, too. Haven't received a reply yet but I imagine Derek has 1000's of people responding to this.

I'm glad you signed up Mary Anne! Derek, Marc and Chuck are going to be very busy!

I signed up quickly so he was able to get my program to me the next day.

Good Luck, Tiffany. I'll be following along as well on your new journey.
Thank you! Feel free to kick my butt if I can whiney;).

Tiffany, I can't wait to follow your progress on this. The split looks great and the amount of food looks like something I'd be eating!
Hi Brian, how are you?

I will start training today but started the diet on Thursday. It's a lot of food to ingest.
Good morning and happy Saturday!

My body and doggie wanted to get up at 4:00:eek:. I ignored both and went back to sleep:p. My growling tummy woke me up at 5:30 or so. I think it was thirst instead of actual hunger. I have to make sure I'm getting enough water because of the increased protein intake.

I'm waiting for the gym to open so I can do my first workout. I'm going to have meal 1 and watch more deadlift videos.

Have a great morning!

CapitalJay
03-08-2008, 04:59 AM
Good morning and happy Saturday!

My body and doggie wanted to get up at 4:00:eek:. I ignored both and went back to sleep:p. My growling tummy woke me up at 5:30 or so. I think it was thirst instead of actual hunger. I have to make sure I'm getting enough water because of the increased protein intake.

I'm waiting for the gym to open so I can do my first workout. I'm going to have meal 1 and watch more deadlift videos.

Have a great morning!

Happy Saturday to you, Tiffany! :D I woke up at 4am, too! (I think my body is just used to it.) How much water are you taking in?

YAY deads are awesome!! Have a great workout!

PS I signed up, too. How can you pass on an offer like that?

Tifflex
03-08-2008, 05:12 AM
Happy Saturday to you, Tiffany! :D

Happy Saturday Jay!

I woke up at 4am, too! (I think my body is just used to it.) How much water are you taking in?
I think my body is used to it as well. It's nice to be able to sleep in a bit.

I'm getting ~100 oz of water a day. I also have 1 Coke zero and 1 16oz coffee a day too. I will be increasing to a gallon of water.

YAY deads are awesome!! Have a great workout!
Thanks! I am ready to hit the gym. If the trainers are available, this morning I will have one of them check my form.

PS I signed up, too. How can you pass on an offer like that?
Awesome! I can't wait to read your thoughts.

Tifflex
03-08-2008, 08:06 AM
Phase 1 Workout 1: Back/Traps/Abs/Cardio

Week 1=2 sets per exercise;6-10 reps; 90 secs rest between sets

Deadlift
20x45, 12x65, 6x95, 6x105

I focused on having great form on each rep. My heart rate was in the 160s after each set.

I felt a little sick after the second set and almost lost Meal 1. I had my pre workout meal an hour before so my body has to adjust or I will have a shake instead. It could have been the Deadlifts:D.

Bent over BB Row
8x95, 6x115

Asst Chins
10 @75lbs, 7 @ 55lbs

I thought I had set the weight at 55lbs for the first set. After six reps, I knew I had the wrong weight because these were too easy:rolleyes::).

Rev Pec Deck
I asked Derek to give me an alternative for BB/DB Shrugs because I don't want to directly work my traps. He gave me the option of doing 3 sets of rev pec deck or bent over cable laterals for the rear delts.

10x65, 10x85, 6x95

Roman Chair Leg lifts
2x15

Wtd ab crunch
10x20, 6x25

Cardio: 30 min elliptical random program

Other than the sick tummy feeling, I really liked this workout. I had to force myself to rest the entire 90 secs between sets.

The workout and cardio took exactly 1 hour to complete.

Have a great Saturday!

Hibiscus09
03-08-2008, 08:30 AM
Cool, Tiffany! I'll enjoy keeping up with you as you do this nutrition/exercise plan. I'm sure you'll do fantastic! I liked the workout -- nice job -- and I like the fact that you completed it all within an hour.

I'm excited for you! Go get 'em!! :D

Tifflex
03-08-2008, 09:17 AM
Cool, Tiffany! I'll enjoy keeping up with you as you do this nutrition/exercise plan. I'm sure you'll do fantastic!

Thank you Diane!

I liked the workout -- nice job -- and I like the fact that you completed it all within an hour.

I was surprised how quickly I was able to finish. My HR monitor registered 775 cals burned so the entired workout was effective.

I'm excited for you! Go get 'em!! :D

Thank you! I've never been so excited about a training/nutrition program.

freebirdmac
03-08-2008, 09:23 AM
Broccoli for breakfast? Now I like broccoli, maybe a dash in the eggs, but wow. I wonder if all that harder to digest fiber is what made your tummy feel queasy during deads. I know I can't exercise with something like that in my gut. Takes too much energy to digest plus exercise. You'll figure it out.

That was a great workout!

Tifflex
03-08-2008, 09:30 AM
Broccoli for breakfast? Now I like broccoli, maybe a dash in the eggs, but wow.
I love broccoli and could eat it at every meal. I threw in a 1/2 cup with my egg whites.

I wonder if all that harder to digest fiber is what made your tummy feel queasy during deads. I know I can't exercise with something like that in my gut. Takes too much energy to digest plus exercise. You'll figure it out.
I did have a lot to eat an hour before the workout. I will probably eat earlier or try a shake instead.

That was a great workout!
Thanks and have a great weekend!

StlBarbie
03-09-2008, 09:33 AM
OH Tiffany .....
THIS IS SO COOL ..... taking it to a WHOLE NEW LEVEL!!! :)
I can't wait to follow your journey!!! :)

Tifflex
03-09-2008, 09:59 AM
Phase I: Workout 2: Chest/Shoulders/Cardio

Week 1: 2 sets per exercise; 6-10 reps; 90 sec rest between sets.

Bench Press
20x45, 15x75, 10x95, 6x115

I haven't benched since 1/16 and I did 4x115 then. Today 115 felt heavy but I finished each rep with good form.

DB Inc Bench Press
6x45, 10x40

Chest Dips
9 @70lbs, 8 @70lbs

This was the first time I've done Dips so I used the Assisted Dip machine. I felt the movement more in triceps than in my chest.

Smith Machine Presses
Plate wt only

10x50, 6x60

Seated Lateral Raises
10x12.5, 6x15

Cardio: HIIT + LI
Elliptical

5 min warm up
15 min (15s of torture/45s recovery)
15 min LI

Tifflex
03-09-2008, 10:12 AM
OH Tiffany .....
THIS IS SO COOL ..... taking it to a WHOLE NEW LEVEL!!! :)
I can't wait to follow your journey!!! :)

Hiya Barbie, how are you?:D

I am taking it to a whole new level. I feel renewed and so ready to cut the fat to see what I'm working with. Thanks for following along and feel free to comment or offer suggestions:).

IronIc
03-09-2008, 10:48 AM
Great workout Tiffany! :D Deads are notorious for causing nausea ... they pound every inch of your body :D I love them!!!!

I can't wait until 70lbs on the assisted chin machine feels light ... now 140 lbs feels light:o lol!

Your eats are interesting. I love broccoli too (and any greens, for that matter). I could eat 'em all day as well. I like my eggs whole, though!

I may have to look into this opportunity. I will check the link. If nothing else, it'll be a great read :)

Edited: I think it's time to experiment with Xtend. I have heard way too many raves over it! :D

NotTooLate
03-09-2008, 01:43 PM
Wow your doing a new thing here! Cool! Seems like a great opportunity :) I'll be watching.

Pretty Hardcore
03-09-2008, 07:46 PM
Hi Tiffany, I saw your new journal and thought I should say finally say Hi, your diet and workout plan looks great. I love your goals - Smoking Hot is right. :)

I would love to follow along.

BigBT
03-09-2008, 08:33 PM
Tiffany, your strength looks great in your workouts. Your bench press is really impressive. Now I need to go figure out a way to increase my reverse pec decks as you have caught me!!! ;)

CapitalJay
03-10-2008, 04:54 AM
Good Morning, Tiffany!

For dips, I've found that they work the chest more if you lean forward. If I'm vertical, I feel it more in my tri's. :)

Hope you're having a great day!

Tifflex
03-10-2008, 05:36 AM
Great workout Tiffany! Deads are notorious for causing nausea ... they pound every inch of your body :D I love them!!!!

Deads hit the entire body...a necessary evil!

I can't wait until 70lbs on the assisted chin machine feels light ... now 140 lbs feels light:o lol!

Keep doing them Penney. You might want to try lowering the reps to see how much you can do. Also, try making Chins the first or second exercise on back day.

Your eats are interesting. I love broccoli too (and any greens, for that matter). I could eat 'em all day as well. I like my eggs whole, though!

I've been given the option of having up to six whole eggs a day. I throw in the greens for the fiber and taste.

I may have to look into this opportunity. I will check the link. If nothing else, it'll be a great read :)

Edited: I think it's time to experiment with Xtend. I have heard way too many raves over it! :D
I love Xtend but nothing beats a great diet;).

Wow your doing a new thing here! Cool! Seems like a great opportunity :) I'll be watching.

Hiya Mel...watch me cut baby!

Tifflex
03-10-2008, 05:41 AM
Hi Tiffany, I saw your new journal and thought I should say finally say Hi, your diet and workout plan looks great. I love your goals - Smoking Hot is right. :)
Hiya Fit_Focus, thanks for visiting. I'm loving the diet and workout plan so far. Who doesn't want to be smoking hot:o?

I would love to follow along.
The more the merrier! Please feel free to chime in at any time.

Tiffany, your strength looks great in your workouts. Your bench press is really impressive. Now I need to go figure out a way to increase my reverse pec decks as you have caught me!!! ;)
Hi Brian!

Thanks for the kudos on bench press. I thought I would have to lower the weight but my ego wouldn't let me.

You will definitely surpass me on the reverse pec deck!

Good Morning, Tiffany!

For dips, I've found that they work the chest more if you lean forward. If I'm vertical, I feel it more in my tri's. :)

Hope you're having a great day!

Good morning Jay!

I will keep that in mind for the next workout. I'm having a great day:).

Hibiscus09
03-10-2008, 06:17 AM
Morning, Tiffany! I hope you have a great week!! :)

Nice job on the workout. We have an assisted dip machine and regular dip apparatus at our gym.

To emphasize chest more -- lean forward in the movement. For triceps, just go straight up and down.

I'll look for an article, if that doesn't make sense....

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/ridgely8.htm

Hope that helps. :)

Ha,ha -- I can tell I'm still sick -- I didn't even notice Jay had already responded to that statement. Pardon me. :p

Tifflex
03-10-2008, 06:18 AM
Happy Monday everyone!

I'm tired and sleep deprived but it's good to be alive and healthy:D. Today is an off day from weights but I did fasted cardio this morning.

Cardio
35 min walk at highest incline, 3.0-4.0 speed

I was scheduled to do 30 mins but added 5 mins for cool down. I also had 3 scoops of Xtend with 40oz of water.

Training
I want to try 2 days on, 1 day rest, 2 days on for weight training. The last two days of training will be done in the evenings. I'm making this change because I will be adding more sets in the coming weeks. I like early AM training but I only have 30-35 mins available during the week.

I can make a change to my social calendar and get in the gym at night. I might actually get more sleep so this is a win-win.

Nutrition
I will be listing meals from time to time so you all can see what I'm eating.

Meal 1:
6 oz chicken
18 almonds
2 Fish oil caps
2 Elastamine tablets
1 Multivitamin
1 Vit C...I awoke to a runny nose this morning so I'm loading up on Vit C.

Meal 2:
2 scoops whey in water
18 almonds

Meal 3:
6 oz chicken
4 oz asparagus
18 almonds
2 Fish oil caps
2 Elastamine tablets

Meal 4:
6 oz chicken
4 oz asparagus
18 almonds

Meal 5:
4 oz asparagus
18 almonds
2 Fish oil caps
2 Elastamine tablets

Meal 6:
6 egg whites
3 whole eggs
4 oz aparagus or broccoli
1 Vit C

Water: 1 gal +

Have a great day all!

mikedogg63
03-10-2008, 06:20 AM
Good Luck with that, it looks like a great plan, let us know how it goes!!!

Good Morning everyone!

I happened to run across an amazing opportunity to join Team Scivation. Members of TS receive a 12 wk diet and training program along with unlimited email access to Marc Lobliner and Derek "Beast" Charlebois for the sum of $0:eek:. I am a Scivation/Primaforce customer so this opportunity is perfect for me.

I received a personalized plan Wednesday night and was like a kid on Christmas morning. I started the diet on Thursday and will start weight training on Saturday. I am forcing myself to rest so I can give 100% over the next 12 weeks.

Nutrition
~1800 cals (6 meals)
252g protein
90g f

Carbs will be ~3 cups of veggies a day. I am allowed one cheat/carb meal a week.

Supps

The goal of Phase 1 is to increase the volume each week. In addition to adding sets each week you should always strive to lift a great load each workout.

Deadlifts
Pull-up
Bent over Row
Rev Pec Deck

Bench Press
Inc DB Press
Dips
Military or DB Press
DB Side Lateral

Squats
Stiff Leg Deadlift
Leg Press or Lunges
Leg Ext
Leg Curl
Standing Calf Raise
Seated Calf Raise

BB Curl
Close Grip Bench
Skull Crusher
Db Curl

Cardio:

Nikonguy
03-10-2008, 06:47 AM
Tiffany!!
I went to your old journal and the it was empty, the lights were off and there was a "for rent" sign hanging in the window. :eek:

Have a very happy Monday and congrats on the new training opportunity. :D

BoiseLifer
03-10-2008, 06:51 AM
Nice. That is the way to do it. Looking forward to your progress Tiff.

Tifflex
03-10-2008, 07:45 AM
Morning, Tiffany! I hope you have a great week!! :)

Thanks Diane, this week is going to be great!

Nice job on the workout. We have an assisted dip machine and regular dip apparatus at our gym.

To emphasize chest more -- lean forward in the movement. For triceps, just go straight up and down.

I'll look for an article, if that doesn't make sense....

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/ridgely8.htm

Hope that helps.
Ha,ha -- I can tell I'm still sick -- I didn't even notice Jay had already responded to that statement. Pardon me. :p

Thanks for the article. I don't mind the help, so it's all good;).

Good Luck with that, it looks like a great plan, let us know how it goes!!!
Hi Mikedogg, thanks for visiting. I expect a lot from myself so hop on and enjoy the ride.

Tiffany!!
I went to your old journal and the it was empty, the lights were off and there was a "for rent" sign hanging in the window. :eek:

Have a very happy Monday and congrats on the new training opportunity. :D
I was Spring cleaning;).

Nice. That is the way to do it. Looking forward to your progress Tiff.

Hi Thomas!

HoosierHardGain
03-10-2008, 08:05 AM
Well, your plan sounds solid, Tiffy. Hope it works great for you!

ArchAngel'73
03-10-2008, 03:55 PM
ha ha
I only have to do cardo 5x week.
:o

What's Elastamine Tiff?
Do you feel it?

Do they have a name for the program they are putting you on?
Very curious and eager.:)
When's Lent over? :D

Tifflex
03-10-2008, 05:04 PM
ha ha
I only have to do cardo 5x week.
:o
Lucky you! I'm actually doing less cardio than I was before. I am supposed to do 3 hours a week and I was doing 5-6 hrs a week.

What's Elastamine Tiff?
Do you feel it?

Elastamine is a Glucosamine & Chondroitin supplement. It's used to support joint health plus it has some other goodies like vitamin c. I feel it when I stop taking it. I have an old knee injury and it flairs up from time to time. I could use any brand IMO but I got a deal on Elastamine from Primaforce.

Do they have a name for the program they are putting you on?
Very curious and eager.:)

I'm doing a variation of their "Tri-Phase" Training program. Here is a link: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/docs/2007/triphasetraining.pdf

When's Lent over? :D
Not soon enough:p. I'm getting weak....March 22, 11:59PM:eek:;).

Tifflex
03-10-2008, 05:05 PM
Well, your plan sounds solid, Tiffy. Hope it works great for you!

Thank you Hoos! I hope you're doing better.

bulldog71
03-10-2008, 05:08 PM
WTF is cardio? lol Tiff is on her way to an immortal place in the halls of hotness! Kill it Tiff!

Tifflex
03-10-2008, 05:09 PM
I took the dog on a 2 mile walk. I don't count dog walks toward my cardio because I don't get my heart rate above 90 beats. It's our bonding time:).

ms_mac
03-10-2008, 05:15 PM
Hi Tiffany - just checking in. How are you liking CHA so far? I was reading your menu plan - where's the protein in meal 5?

Tifflex
03-10-2008, 05:30 PM
Hi Tiffany - just checking in. How are you liking CHA so far?

I'm liking it so far Mary Anne. The first couple of days were rough because of the carb withdrawal headaches. I am liking the meals because they're easy to prepare.

One thing I have noticed is that I'm getting hungry about 2 hrs after my last meal. I have increased water intake hoping that will help. It's funny because I'm eating more calories overall...if I added the cals. I'll give my body time to adjust but will mention it to Derek when I check in.

I was reading your menu plan - where's the protein in meal 5?

I left it off...lol, thanks! I just finished Meal 5 and had chicken. I'm getting ready to bake tilapia for tomorrow and Wed.

Tifflex
03-10-2008, 05:31 PM
WTF is cardio? lol Tiff is on her way to an immortal place in the halls of hotness! Kill it Tiff!

Come over to the dark place called cardio:p! Thanks for visiting and for your kind words.

IronIc
03-10-2008, 06:21 PM
[QUOTE=Tifflex;139206001]One thing I have noticed is that I'm getting hungry about 2 hrs after my last meal. I have increased water intake hoping that will help. It's funny because I'm eating more calories overall...if I added the cals. I'll give my body time to adjust but will mention it to Derek when I check in.

[QUOTE]
Tiff, I notice that when I have alot of fiber in my diet I stay full longer. A really great low-carb item is flax seed (you may be familiar with it already). Melanie turned me on to it - 6 grams of healthy fats, 3 grams of protein, 0 grams impact carbs, 4 grams fiber per 2-tbsp serving! :)

I love it. I put it in my yogurt and oatmeal. It's also good to go into shakes.

Tifflex
03-10-2008, 06:22 PM
One thing I have noticed is that I'm getting hungry about 2 hrs after my last meal. I have increased water intake hoping that will help. It's funny because I'm eating more calories overall...if I added the cals. I'll give my body time to adjust but will mention it to Derek when I check in.

Tiff, I notice that when I have alot of fiber in my diet I stay full longer. A really great low-carb item is flax seed (you may be familiar with it already). Melanie turned me on to it - 6 grams of healthy fats, 3 grams of protein, 0 grams impact carbs, 4 grams fiber per 2-tbsp serving! :)

I love it. I put it in my yogurt and oatmeal. It's also good to go into shakes.

Cool, thanks for the tip:)! I will check it out.

CapitalJay
03-11-2008, 04:53 AM
Good morning, Tiffany! :)

I took the dog on a 2 mile walk. I don't count dog walks toward my cardio because I don't get my heart rate above 90 beats. It's our bonding time:).

OK, it doesn't count as cardio, but it's still good exercise! Bonding time is the best!

Tifflex
03-11-2008, 05:44 AM
Good morning, Tiffany! :)

OK, it doesn't count as cardio, but it's still good exercise! Bonding time is the best!
Good morning Jay and happy Tuesday:).

The poor dog is in the house 10-12 hours so I like to walk her daily. I wish I could walk her before I leave but it's too dark during the week.
Good morning and happy, happy Tuesday!

Tonight I will be doing legs and I am looking forward to it. I am to do 2 sets at 6-10 reps with a challenging weight. I will be doing squats, sldl, lunges, leg ext, lying leg curls along with cardio. I'm targeting 10x145 for squats;).

I cheated today and hopped on the scale:eek:. I am happy to report my 4 week plateau has been broken! I know it's mostly water but it's nice to see the scale move. I put the scale away and will weigh/measure on Sunday which is my official measurement day.

Have a fantastic day!

Nikonguy
03-11-2008, 06:12 AM
Good morning and happy, happy Tuesday!

Tonight I will be doing legs and I am looking forward to it. I am to do 2 sets at 6-10 reps with a challenging weight. I will be doing squats, sldl, lunges, leg ext, lying leg curls along with cardio. I'm targeting 10x145 for squats;).

I cheated today and hopped on the scale:eek:. I am happy to report my 4 week plateau has been broken! I know it's mostly water but it's nice to see the scale move. I put the scale away and will weigh/measure on Sunday which is my official measurement day.

Have a fantastic day!

Oh Baby! Cheers for the scale moving!

Do some legs for me would ya Tiffany....I need the help, LOL ;)

StlBarbie
03-11-2008, 06:47 AM
^5 on breaking the plateau Tifffany!!! :)
The eats look YUMMY ... I hate to hear you are experiencing so much hunger though ........... on a good note, I am sure you are burning into reserves!

So with the increase in set amounts ... how many sets will you be doing in a session?

Hibiscus09
03-11-2008, 07:13 AM
Yay for breaking plateaus!! :)

Have fun doing legs tonight!

ArchAngel'73
03-11-2008, 07:53 AM
It will drop fast now.
I was going to make a suggestion, then I remembered you're with Team Scivation. Your well taken care of.;)
I hope legs does you in.:D

Hotmoltenlava
03-11-2008, 08:23 AM
Plateaus suck! Congrats, Tiff.

Tifflex
03-11-2008, 08:27 AM
Oh Baby! Cheers for the scale moving!

Do some legs for me would ya Tiffany....I need the help, LOL
I will try Ed! I hope to have a tough time walking tomorrow.

^5 on breaking the plateau Tiffany!!!

Thank you Barb!

The eats look YUMMY ... I hate to hear you are experiencing so much hunger though ........... on a good note, I am sure you are burning into reserves!

I've increased water intake and that's helped. I re-read the veggie list and I can have more salad greens than I originally thought.

I will update Derek if the hunger becomes unbearable. I forgot what being hungry felt like:eek:.

So with the increase in set amounts ... how many sets will you be doing in a session?
I'm doing 2 work sets this week. I normally do 2-3 warm up sets on my first exercise. The number of sets will increase weekly.

Yay for breaking plateaus!! :)

Have fun doing legs tonight!

Thanks Diane! Like I mentioned before, it's mostly water but my body is responding!

It will drop fast now.
WOOHOO!

I was going to make a suggestion, then I remembered you're with Team Scivation. Your well taken care of.;)
Please tell me what's on your mind. I value your opinion.

I hope legs does you in.:D
Why are you being mean to woman who can't have carbs:p? Why am I not so secretly wishing for pain:o?

Are you enjoying your 140g of carbs?

ArchAngel'73
03-11-2008, 08:45 AM
My suggestion won't work as you are with them, not following Layne's article. All I was going to say was to type in the new figures on the cal calculator to make more frequent adjustments, as the lbs will fly off soon.

I know you like the pain, that's why I wish it on you.:p

140? I wasn't keeping track :eek:
BTW, they're damn good!

flywheel99
03-11-2008, 09:35 AM
I'm targeting 10x145 for squats;).

Rock it, Tiffany! Get it done!!!

IronIc
03-11-2008, 09:57 AM
Congrats on the scale moving, Tiffany! :D

Tifflex
03-11-2008, 05:29 PM
Congrats on the scale moving, Tiffany! :D
Thank you Penney.

For some reason my multi-quote is not working so I will respond to individual messages.

Tifflex
03-11-2008, 05:30 PM
Rock it, Tiffany! Get it done!!!

I got close Jon but it was sooo much fun;).

Tifflex
03-11-2008, 05:36 PM
My suggestion won't work as you are with them, not following Layne's article. All I was going to say was to type in the new figures on the cal calculator to make more frequent adjustments, as the lbs will fly off soon.
From what I've seen from Scivation's diet plans, I will increase cardio first and cut cals at each stick point.

I know you like the pain, that's why I wish it on you.:p
Nut:eek:!

140? I wasn't keeping track :eek:
BTW, they're damn good!

I thought I'd crave crappy stuff but I want strawberries, apples, bananas and salty popcorn. I had to close my office door because the smell of popcorn was intoxicating. I have a cheat/carb meal soon.

Tifflex
03-11-2008, 05:48 PM
Week 1 Workout 3: Legs

Week 1: 2 sets; 6-10 reps; 90 secs rest

I was anxious to see how I would perform on leg day with no carbs. I felt very tired after work so I put a scoop of Vasocharge in my Xtend. Within 10-15 mins, I got a nice buzz and proceeded to take care of business.

ATG Squats
12x65, 12x85, 8x125, 7x145, 5x155

I wanted to get 10x145 but the 6th rep was a little shaky. So my reward was doing another set with added weight.

SLDL
8x125, 10x125, 8x125

I forgot that I was supposed to do 2 sets:o.

Smith Lunges
8x100, 9x120

Leg Ext
10x125, 10x135

Lying Leg Curl
6x95, 6x105...new PRs

Cardio
3 min stepmill--what was I thinking:rolleyes:
17 min treadmill

I was short on cardio but will make it up tomorrow or Thursday. My legs were toast and I was ready for Meal 5.

Even though I didn't get my squat goal, I was proud of my effort. Each rep was controlled and I really felt my legs working. My glutes are sore already:eek:.

ms_mac
03-11-2008, 05:53 PM
Awesome leg workout, Tiffany. Congrats on the scale dropping!

IronIc
03-11-2008, 07:44 PM
Very nice leg workout. I always thought you rock it on the squats, Tiff!

As far as the low carbs are concerned, wait about another week or so until you are truly depleted - and then your energy will go down some. Since you're still doing the Xtend, that should help a great deal :)

I ordered mine Sunday night ... and bb.com informed me that it's in the mail! I can't wait to try it :D

BoiseLifer
03-11-2008, 08:45 PM
How do you like that Vasocharge Tiff? I have been on the fence of buying it in a couple of weeks. I already have a tub of the Apple Xtend and love it to pieces. =) Very yummy stuff...and it works too! =)

CapitalJay
03-12-2008, 04:55 AM
Good morning and nice job on the squats, Tiffany! :) You will never get over the sore glutes - I get them after every squat session! Good stuff!
...and any cardio on legs day is outlawed for me. I'd most likely end up face down on the floor behind the treadmill! :)

Nikonguy
03-12-2008, 05:30 AM
Wooo Hooo! on the legs. Now I'm stoked for my leg w/o tonight!! :)

Tifflex
03-12-2008, 05:54 AM
Awesome leg workout, Tiffany. Congrats on the scale dropping!
Thanks Mary Anne!

Very nice leg workout. I always thought you rock it on the squats, Tiff!
Thank you Penney, I appreciate you saying that.

As far as the low carbs are concerned, wait about another week or so until you are truly depleted - and then your energy will go down some. Since you're still doing the Xtend, that should help a great deal
I refuse to let that happen:p:).

I ordered mine Sunday night ... and bb.com informed me that it's in the mail! I can't wait to try it :D
Cool! I've received products the day after ordering. I hope you enjoy the Xtend. What flavor did you order?

How do you like that Vasocharge Tiff? I have been on the fence of buying it in a couple of weeks.
I've tried it twice Thomas. The first time I used 2 scoops and felt sick to my stomach afterwards. Yesterday, I cut the dosage in half and didn't get the nauseous feeling. The Vaso helped my energy level because I was very tired before going to the gym. I didn't notice a 'pump' but I really don't get into that. I also got a nice niacin flush.

I already have a tub of the Apple Xtend and love it to pieces. =) Very yummy stuff...and it works too! =)
I tried the apple flavor and liked it too. The new flavored grape is my favorite.

Good morning and nice job on the squats, Tiffany! :) You will never get over the sore glutes - I get them after every squat session! Good stuff!
Thank you Jay. Sore glutes FTW:cool:.

...and any cardio on legs day is outlawed for me. I'd most likely end up face down on the floor behind the treadmill! :)
I knew 30 secs in that I wouldn't make it on the stepmill. I stayed on for 5 mins and finished up on the treadmill.
Good morning and happy hump day!

Today I did 35 mins on the treadmill. I'm starting to feel major DOMS in my quads, hamstrings and glutes...mission accomplished.

Have a great day!

Tifflex
03-12-2008, 05:55 AM
Wooo Hooo! on the legs. Now I'm stoked for my leg w/o tonight!! :)

Kill it Ed:D!

jtroster
03-12-2008, 06:57 AM
Without the PWO carbs I was quite sore after my leg day.

Pretty Hardcore
03-12-2008, 07:35 AM
Nice workouts Tiffany - enjoy the doms!

flywheel99
03-12-2008, 08:15 AM
I thought I'd crave crappy stuff but I want strawberries, apples, bananas and salty popcorn. I had to close my office door because the smell of popcorn was intoxicating.

i love it...

and i too am an addict and abuser of popcorn.

add cereal to my addiction list as well.

HoosierHardGain
03-12-2008, 08:22 AM
DOMS are a funny thing. They hurt, but darn if you don't love 'em!

Have a happy Wednesday, Tiffany!

IronIc
03-12-2008, 08:30 AM
Tiffany, I ordered the Green Apple flavor. It should appear on my doorstep by Friday :D

How are you today?

Tifflex
03-12-2008, 09:42 AM
Without the PWO carbs I was quite sore after my leg day.
I rarely get sore but today is different. I'm not complaining:).

Nice workouts Tiffany - enjoy the doms!
Thanks Fit!

i love it...

and i too am an addict and abuser of popcorn.

add cereal to my addiction list as well.

I used to regularly eat popcorn and cereal for dinner:eek:.

DOMS are a funny thing. They hurt, but darn if you don't love 'em!

Have a happy Wednesday, Tiffany!
Happy Wednesday Hoos...gotta love the pain!

Tiffany, I ordered the Green Apple flavor. It should appear on my doorstep by Friday :D

How are you today?
I tried the apple flavor and liked it. It tastes like an apple jolly rancher.

I'm great today, thanks for asking!
I work near a college campus so I went up to their diner to grab Meal 3. The weather is absolutely beautiful:). I didn't think about the hilly walk until I went out...my legs:eek:. I bought what looked like 4-5oz of chicken and a huge garden salad. I will add almonds to get my fat intake.

flywheel99
03-12-2008, 10:06 AM
I used to regularly eat popcorn and cereal for dinner:eek:.

Are you suggesting that this is a bad idea???

I sense a tone in your voice that this eating plan might in some way be less than helpful in my eating program?

What if I added a nice beer to my pop corn and cereal dinner? Does this help at all?

namtrag
03-12-2008, 10:22 AM
Just curious, what level of calories are you at right now?

I am maintaining on 2400-2500, and it's getting frustrating.

Tifflex
03-12-2008, 11:06 AM
Are you suggesting that this is a bad idea???

It's a college student's diet!

I sense a tone in your voice that this eating plan might in some way be less than helpful in my eating program?
The carbs would be great post workout;).

What if I added a nice beer to my pop corn and cereal dinner? Does this help at all?
Only if it's a Corona and a side of Doritos!

Just curious, what level of calories are you at right now?
I'm on the 1800 calorie diet which consists of 252g p/90g f. If I use Fitday to add the foods and supps, I'm getting ~2100 cals a day.

I've been on the diet for 6 days and have dropped a lot of water weight and hopefully some fat.

I am maintaining on 2400-2500, and it's getting frustrating.

You should definitely be losing at that rate. I hope you get your thyroid situation under control. It sucks to put in the effort and not see the results.

CapitalJay
03-13-2008, 04:57 AM
Good morning, Tiff. It's nice you have somewhere to walk to for lunch. We have a cafeteria here, which is nice, but it's always better to get outside. :)

Tifflex
03-13-2008, 05:43 AM
Good morning, Tiff. It's nice you have somewhere to walk to for lunch. We have a cafeteria here, which is nice, but it's always better to get outside. :)

It is nice especially when it's 60+ degrees. I have to time in right so I miss the college kids changing classes and the homeless begging for money:(.
Good morning and happy Thursday!

I went to bed early last night and feel great today! My legs are very sore but I needed to get in my second HIIT session this morning.

Cardio: HIIT/LI
4 min warm up
15 min HIIT (15s all out/45s recovery)
7 min cool down

OMG the first 3 mins of HIIT were absolutely brutal:eek:. I pushed on and and finished upright. I didn't get in my 30 mins because I had to get ready for work. I need to do arms and calves either tonight or tomorrow.

Have a great day and make the best of it;).

Hibiscus09
03-13-2008, 06:20 AM
Morning, Tiffany! I remember when Britt went to College of Charleston not even realizing there was a college that close to King Street (shopping) until she started. Then all of a sudden, I "saw" the bookbag carriers. :p

I hope everything is going well with your plan so far. I feel like I've been in a drug induced semi-coma. :p I imagine it will take a bit for your body to adjust. Nice job on the leg workout -- woohoo on the squats! LOL @ forgetting and doing another set. I regress back to old habits sometimes when switching up plans.

Happy Thursday! Beautiful weather, huh?! :) We're getting to 79 today!!

IronIc
03-13-2008, 08:41 AM
Good morning Tiffany! I find that the first 5 minutes or so of intense cardio is the hardest ... once I get past that hump then it gets easier :)

It's supposed to be nice here today, too. 60's :D

Tifflex
03-14-2008, 02:34 AM
Morning, Tiffany! I remember when Britt went to College of Charleston not even realizing there was a college that close to King Street (shopping) until she started. Then all of a sudden, I "saw" the bookbag carriers. :p

They don't always notice someone going the opposite direction. I've had to be assertive and tell them to move it or lose it:p. I've timed class better to avoid the kiddies.

I hope everything is going well with your plan so far. I feel like I've been in a drug induced semi-coma. :p I imagine it will take a bit for your body to adjust. Nice job on the leg workout -- woohoo on the squats! LOL @ forgetting and doing another set. I regress back to old habits sometimes when switching up plans.

Things are going very well for me. The hunger has been contained and my energy is getting better. I do notice that I am very tired around 4-5 pm.

Thanks on the squats, my legs are still in pain! I was in the zone and forgot that I'd already done my 2nd set...hehe. The sets increase weekly so I'll get my 3rd set very soon.

Happy Thursday! Beautiful weather, huh?! We're getting to 79 today!!
Awesome weather! The high here was in the upper 70's.

Good morning Tiffany! I find that the first 5 minutes or so of intense cardio is the hardest ... once I get past that hump then it gets easier :)
I didn't mind the lung burning; it was the pain in my quads that almost did me in:eek:.

ArchAngel'73
03-14-2008, 03:10 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY

ya old bag:D

I'm so happy we got to meet on here, you truely are an amazing individual. Many look up to your work ethic, tenacity, and results Tiffany. I'm included.;)

Indulge a little, have a treat, knowing you, you'll do 6 extra sessions of cardio to burn it off. It'll be worth it.
I have mad respect for you and look forward to getting old together on bb.com.

CapitalJay
03-14-2008, 04:57 AM
Happy Birthday, Tiffany and nice job on the HIIT yesterday. Have a great Friday!! Did you take the day off of work?

Tifflex
03-14-2008, 05:27 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY

ya old bag:D

Negged, reported and sent to Misc:mad:.

I'm so happy we got to meet on here, you truely are an amazing individual. Many look up to your work ethic, tenacity, and results Tiffany. I'm included.;)

I feel the same way Brian! I'm moved by your kind words so stop being sappy...no crying in bb!

Indulge a little, have a treat, knowing you, you'll do 6 extra sessions of cardio to burn it off. It'll be worth it.
I will treat myself but not until tomorrow or Sunday. I'm having dinner tonight with my SO. Tomorrow, I will spend the day with my niece Olivia and we'll have cupcakes and ice cream. I am not fond of birthday cakes so for the last three years she's picked out cupcakes for us. She's six now and it's become my birthday tradition:).

I have mad respect for you and look forward to getting old together on bb.com.
I'm in it for life! Do we have to grow up?

Happy Birthday, Tiffany and nice job on the HIIT yesterday. Have a great Friday!! Did you take the day off of work?
Thank you Jay! Sadly, I'm working today. I'm trying to save my days for vacations.

Tifflex
03-14-2008, 05:44 AM
Good morning and happy Friday!

I'm officially over 35:eek::p!

I'm not sure what 36 is supposed to feel or look like but I'm loving it. I'm getting better spiritually and physically so I can't ask for much more. I'm thankful for my blessings and I'm surrounded by people who love me.

I'm thankful that I've 'met' some great people on this forum. I love you guys!

/emotions
Rest day

I hopped out of bed a little after 4 forgetting that today is a rest day...old age:rolleyes:.

While cooking breakfast, I stared at the raisin box and contemplated eating a handful...someone wants carbs:p. I resisted and ate my eggs instead.

The dog and I took an early morning stroll and it was great. It was a breezy 60 degrees at 5:00. I threw in some ab work too.

My birthday wish is for everyone to have a great day! TGIF:D!

freebirdmac
03-14-2008, 05:54 AM
Happy Birthday!!!!

If I could go back to any age it would be 35-36. To me it was an ideal time. Still young, but old enough to actually use ones brains and not act so stupid ;)

Nikonguy
03-14-2008, 06:42 AM
WOOOOOO HOOOOOO Birthday girl!! Have a wonderful day and a fantastic weekend. :D Whatcha gonna do to mark the ocassion?

ms_mac
03-14-2008, 07:22 AM
Happy Birthday Tif! I am finding that this is the best time of my life. I would not go back to being in my 20's for anything. Despite a few surprises this past year, its still been wonderful. Hopefully the 40's will be even better!

Have a great day!

Hibiscus09
03-14-2008, 07:26 AM
I hope you have a wonderful day, Tiffany! You're a sweetie!

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c288/hibiscus09/BD1.gif

NotTooLate
03-14-2008, 10:46 AM
Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v622/PaperbackPal/aquamarine2.gif

I hope this is the right gemstone lol

kimsquit
03-14-2008, 10:56 AM
Happy birthday Tiff!

IronIc
03-14-2008, 10:57 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TIFFANY!!!!!!!! :D

Treat yourself today! You so deserve it.

By the way I got my Xtend yesterday! :D The first thing I thought was ... man that's an awfully small jug for $25 ;) hehe

I'll start trying it on Monday :D

Pretty Hardcore
03-14-2008, 12:51 PM
http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd59/sasa898989/Happy-birthday.gif

Happy Birthday Tiff!

Tifflex
03-15-2008, 04:44 AM
Thanks for the great birthday wishes everyone! Even though I had to work, I had a great birthday. I was surprised with a few exercise related gifts too:D.

We had what looks like an F2 tornado in downtown Atlanta:eek:. Thankfully, no loss of life has been reported. I live in the 'burbs so we got rain, wind, lightning etc.

I'm waiting for the gym to open in about an hour and expect to have a good workout.

Have a great Ides of March everyone!

ArchAngel'73
03-15-2008, 04:52 AM
That was no storm, that was your birthday party.;)

I'm glad you're safe and sound Tiffany!
Do we have to ask? What exercise related gifts did you get?

pssst, what's it feel like btw? you know, being old and all?
:p

Tifflex
03-15-2008, 05:02 AM
That was no storm, that was your birthday party.;)

You know what they say about March...:p.

I'm glad you're safe and sound Tiffany!
Do we have to ask? What exercise related gifts did you get?

Thanks!

I received cash toward a home gym OR supps, a new music/video player and new shorts/tank.

pssst, what's it feel like btw? you know, being old and all?
:p
I'm not receiving your evilness:mad::).

Tifflex
03-15-2008, 08:37 AM
Workout 1: Back/Calves/Cardio

Week 2: 3 sets; 6-10 reps; 90 secs rest

Deads
15x45, 10x65, 8x95, 2x8x105

Increased reps on work sets. I will stay at 105 until I get 10 reps. Deadlifts are humbling!

Asst Chins--CG
10 @55lbs, 5 @45lbs (failed at 6th attempt), 7 @50

I lowered the assistance and maintained reps.

Bent over Row
6x115 (too heavy), 8x105, 7x105

I finished last week with 6x115 but it was not happening today.

Standing calves on Smith machine
2x10x100

Seated Calves
2x6x100

I didn't do calves last time so I added them today.

Rev Pec Deck
8x95, 6x90, 10x85

Increased wt and reps but not too happy with form on last couple of reps.

Cardio: Stepmill
5 min warm up
15 min HIIT (15s level 10-11; 45s level 5...repeat)
6 min cool down

I couldn't make it to 30 mins:o. I will add it to Sunday's cardio.
As I mentioned earlier, a tornado hit downtown Atlanta. It finally dawned on me that my building was more than likely damaged:eek:.

Have a great day everyone!

Hibiscus09
03-15-2008, 09:04 AM
Thanks for the great birthday wishes everyone! Even though I had to work, I had a great birthday. I was surprised with a few exercise related gifts too:D.

We had what looks like an F2 tornado in downtown Atlanta:eek:. Thankfully, no loss of life has been reported. I live in the 'burbs so we got rain, wind, lightning etc.

I'm waiting for the gym to open in about an hour and expect to have a good workout.

Have a great Ides of March everyone!

I was just reading about the storm on AOL -- wowzers. :eek:

Happy Saturday!!

joed
03-15-2008, 11:25 AM
Happy belated birthday Tiff. And since you're in Atlanta, "Beware the Ides of March". Somehow Et Tu Tiff doesn't have the same ring as Brutus, does it? hehe.

Hot Rose
03-15-2008, 02:08 PM
http://www.gallery19.us/images/100-12249.jpg

Good luck with the new plan, how exciting :D

dartol
03-15-2008, 09:07 PM
Hi Tiff! Happy belated birthday! Another March baby, excellent! :D

This new plan is so cool, you are going to do awesome on it, I know! You are really looking lean in your new avi picture too! Seeing your progres is motivating me to get back in gear. :)

Darren

dartol
03-15-2008, 09:31 PM
I just fired off the email to sign up too!!! :D

Darren

IronIc
03-15-2008, 10:15 PM
Yikes on the tornado, Tiff! :eek: We just had rain today, but no storming!

NICE on the assisted chins; you are inspiring me to get heavier and heavier w/them.

Did you have b-day celebrations with your family? :)

Samraiwise
03-16-2008, 07:17 AM
I can't believe myself, missed your B-day party!! http://www.angelfire.com/nb/kazuo/img/sm_shocked_extream.gif

http://www.angelfire.com/nb/kazuo/img/happybirthday07.gif
Belatedly HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Tiffany!!

Have a nice post birthday Sunday!!

Tifflex
03-16-2008, 07:38 AM
Happy belated birthday Tiff. And since you're in Atlanta, "Beware the Ides of March". Somehow Et Tu Tiff doesn't have the same ring as Brutus, does it? hehe.
Thanks Joe! You can utter Et Tu Tiff when I start an O/T thread;).

Good luck with the new plan, how exciting
Thank you Rose!

Hi Tiff! Happy belated birthday! Another March baby, excellent!
Are you a March baby too? Excellent month!

This new plan is so cool, you are going to do awesome on it, I know! You are really looking lean in your new avi picture too! Seeing your progres is motivating me to get back in gear.

Darren
Thanks a lot Darren. It's hard for me to see the changes but I know it's happening.

I just fired off the email to sign up too!!! :D

Darren
Great! I think you will like the plan and working with Scivation.

Yikes on the tornado, Tiff! :eek: We just had rain today, but no storming!
It was pretty crazy Penney.

NICE on the assisted chins; you are inspiring me to get heavier and heavier w/them.
Thanks! I just go for it and if I do well great, if not I'm still worn out. Go for it!

Did you have b-day celebrations with your family?
I have a sister, niece and cousin here. The rest of my family is in Miss. I spent most of yesterday with my sister and niece Olivia. Olivia, Lexie (doggie) and I had a slumber party last night. We're headed to the park and to the mall later. Olivia is only six but she loves to shop:rolleyes:.

I can't believe myself, missed your B-day party!! http://www.angelfire.com/nb/kazuo/img/sm_shocked_extream.gif

http://www.angelfire.com/nb/kazuo/img/happybirthday07.gif
Belatedly HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Tiffany!!

Have a nice post birthday Sunday!!

Thank you Kaz! I'm loving your new avi...nice!

FitIron
03-16-2008, 08:03 AM
Good Morning everyone!

Nutrition
~1800 cals (6 meals)
252g protein
90g f

Supps

Deadlifts
Pull-up
Bent over Row
Rev Pec Deck

Bench Press
Inc DB Press
Dips
Military or DB Press
DB Side Lateral

Squats
Stiff Leg Deadlift
Leg Press or Lunges
Leg Ext
Leg Curl
Standing Calf Raise
Seated Calf Raise

BB Curl
Close Grip Bench
Skull Crusher
Db Curl

Cardio:

SUBBED...go for it.....

This is an excellent opportunity. I am looking forward to your transformation...

Tifflex
03-16-2008, 08:59 AM
SUBBED...go for it.....

This is an excellent opportunity. I am looking forward to your transformation...

Thanks for visiting Fit and feel free to chime in!
Good morning all and happy Sunday!

I just finished taking pics/measurements and eating my carb meal. I sent the updates to Derek and will see if he will make changes. I started the program at 192.8 (post refeed) and today I weighed in at 187.2. I'm pleased with the weight loss and expect to lose 1.5-2lbs a week going forward. I'm also pleased that my cravings and hunger are controlled with this diet.

I had pancakes and milk for my carb meal:D. Surprisingly I couldn't finish the milk because it was too sweet. The pancakes were quite yummy!

I'm not sure if I will get to the gym today. My niece and I are hanging out today. She's on the treadmill now for her 15 mins of cardio:). I will do some form of cardio at later today.

My entire back is sore:D!

dartol
03-16-2008, 11:05 AM
Are you a March baby too? Excellent month!

Thanks a lot Darren. It's hard for me to see the changes but I know it's happening.

Great! I think you will like the plan and working with Scivation.

Yep I am! :D

Heck just look at your last two back shots, you are shrinking! LOL

Just what I need to get in shape for summer! :D

I just finished taking pics/measurements and eating my carb meal. I sent the updates to Derek and will see if he will make changes. I started the program at 192.8 (post refeed) and today I weighed in at 187.2. I'm pleased with the weight loss and expect to lose 1.5-2lbs a week going forward. I'm also pleased that my cravings and hunger are controlled with this diet.

I had pancakes and milk for my carb meal:D. Surprisingly I couldn't finish the milk because it was too sweet. The pancakes were quite yummy!

I'm not sure if I will get to the gym today. My niece and I are hanging out today. She's on the treadmill now for her 15 mins of cardio:). I will do some form of cardio at later today.

My entire back is sore:D!

Cool! It is great to be able to measure progress huh? :)
I am looking forward to joining ya!

Darren

IronIc
03-16-2008, 12:42 PM
Hi Tiffany! :)

Tifflex
03-17-2008, 02:06 AM
Yep I am! :D
What day?

Heck just look at your last two back shots, you are shrinking! LOL
Thank you Darren! I decided to compare back shots to see how the progression goes.

Just what I need to get in shape for summer! :D
Great!

I am looking forward to joining ya!

Darren
I think you will like the program. I know Derek is swamped so it may take a week or so to get it.

Hi Tiffany! :)

Hiya Penney!

Hibiscus09
03-17-2008, 04:43 AM
I'm glad you are doing well on the new program, Tiffany!! :)

I hope you enjoyed the time with your niece.

Happy Monday!!

CapitalJay
03-17-2008, 04:58 AM
Hello Tiffany!

Hope you have a great St. Pat's day! :) Those pancakes sound yummy! Did you use maple syrup?

:)

Tifflex
03-17-2008, 05:23 AM
I'm glad you are doing well on the new program, Tiffany!! :)
Thanks Diane! I'm happy that it's working for me. I'm eating a few more veggies and drinking more water to curtail the hunger.

I hope you enjoyed the time with your niece.
We had a blast but I was worn out after entertaining:p. Happy Monday!

Hello Tiffany!

Hope you have a great St. Pat's day! :)
Thanks, Happy St. Patty day to you too!

Those pancakes sound yummy! Did you use maple syrup?

I found lite maple syrup in my pantry and it was quite tasty.

Hibiscus09
03-17-2008, 05:24 AM
Hello Tiffany!

Hope you have a great St. Pat's day! :) Those pancakes sound yummy! Did you use maple syrup?

I'm definitely NOT awake yet. You threw out huge hints in my journal and I still didn't realize it's St. Patrick's Day until I saw this post. :p :D

I'll wear something green.......... :)

Hi again, Tiffany. LOL

Nikonguy
03-17-2008, 05:27 AM
Top o' the mornin' to ya Tiffany! ;)

Tifflex
03-17-2008, 05:35 AM
Week 2: Workout 2-Chest/Shoulders

Week 2: 3 sets; 6-10 reps; 90 sec rest

BB Flat Bench
10x65, 12x65, 8x95, 6x115, 8x115

Increased reps

DB Inc Bench
8x45, 2x6x45

Increased wt

Asst Dips
9,6,10 @ 70lbs asst

Smith Military Press
8x60, 7x60, 6x60--failure

Increased reps

Standing DB Laterals
3x8x15

Increased reps
Good morning everyone!

I worked out this morning because I made Sunday a rest day. I shortened the rest time to 30-45 secs so I could finish the workout before going to work. I will do cardio tonight.

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Tifflex
03-17-2008, 05:37 AM
I'm definitely NOT awake yet. You threw out huge hints in my journal and I still didn't realize it's St. Patrick's Day until I saw this post. :p :D
It didn't register with me until I got to work. I have on blue and white today:o.

Top o' the mornin' to ya Tiffany! ;)

Hiya Ed:D.

CapitalJay
03-17-2008, 06:18 AM
It didn't register with me until I got to work. I have on blue and white today:o.

Oh my gosh!!! That is truly illegal! ;)

I'm green from my socks to my sweater today! Heck, even my ipod is green!

ArchAngel'73
03-17-2008, 06:35 AM
I'm very impressed on your strength levels!
They're all impressive!

Do you think there is a point to sipping Xtend if the workouts are shorter and you think the pre-workout meal is still keeping you full? Just wanted ur thoughts. Some of my new workouts are rather short.
FTR, it hasen't arrived yet, soon though. I owe you.

HoosierHardGain
03-17-2008, 08:08 AM
Wow, really strong workout, Tiffany!

And did I notice a couple of pounds have ticked off your body weight?

claycat
03-17-2008, 09:44 AM
Wow, I go away for a little while and come back to a new journal and a new plan, missed your birthday! Yikes.

Is it all going well for you, do you like the plan? Looks like it is working, of course anything would work with your determination! :)

Happy belated B-day to you. I just hit one tick away from 50 last month :eek: Wanna trade? Pretty please.

IronIc
03-17-2008, 10:29 AM
Hi Tiff! Nice strong wo as usual.

I will be using the Xtend for the first time today. I am sure it'll take a little while for the benefits to take effect :)

Tifflex
03-17-2008, 10:35 AM
Oh my gosh!!! That is truly illegal! ;)

I'm green from my socks to my sweater today! Heck, even my ipod is green!
I'm embarassed Jay:o

I'm very impressed on your strength levels!
They're all impressive!
I think I do okay, thanks!

I had 1-2 more reps in me this morning but didn't want to fail at bench pressing. I was the only person in the free weight area this AM.

Do you think there is a point to sipping Xtend if the workouts are shorter and you think the pre-workout meal is still keeping you full? Just wanted ur thoughts. Some of my new workouts are rather short.

I eat my pre-workout meal 2 hours before my workout. I used to eat it closer to the workout but felt ill a few times. My workouts, including cardio, take 70-75 mins to complete. I do think Xtend helps since my cals are low and I'm due for a meal halfway through training. I finish the my drink while doing cardio and have my next meal asap.

FTR, it hasen't arrived yet, soon though. I owe you.
Check your PM (no noodz:p).

Wow, really strong workout, Tiffany!
Thank you Hoos! It's good to see you back!

And did I notice a couple of pounds have ticked off your body weight?
Why yes, Mr. Observant, thanks;). I dropped a lot of water and maybe a pound of fat.

Wow, I go away for a little while and come back to a new journal and a new plan, missed your birthday! Yikes.
Welcome back!

Is it all going well for you, do you like the plan? Looks like it is working, of course anything would work with your determination!
I love the plan so far Catharine. The diet is very easy and the workouts are fun! It's nice having a professional make the necessary changes for me.

Happy belated B-day to you. I just hit one tick away from 50 last month :eek: Wanna trade? Pretty please.
Thank you! I would trade but my retirement savings are skimpy! I need more time:o.

Tifflex
03-17-2008, 10:38 AM
Hi Tiff! Nice strong wo as usual.
Thanks Penney!

I will be using the Xtend for the first time today. I am sure it'll take a little while for the benefits to take effect :)

I hope you like it! Xtend is great but it's the meals leading up to and after workouts that truly count. Go get 'em:).

Tifflex
03-17-2008, 10:57 AM

I just heard from Derek and he's pleased with my progress. He will not be making changes to my diet or cardio...:cool:. He's also okayed more veggies if I'm hungry.

I never thought I'd be excited about more veggies:rolleyes::).

Tifflex
03-17-2008, 05:14 PM
Cardio:

35 min walk in the neighborhood.

ChocoChick
03-17-2008, 05:33 PM

Glad I am not alone in this... I wore yellow and blue today.

Hi Tiff!!! :)

joed
03-17-2008, 08:27 PM
This was baked after the St. Paddy's Day festivities began...

http://images.teamsugar.com/files/users/1/17470/11_2007/DSC02402_2.preview.jpg

Nikonguy
03-18-2008, 03:56 AM
Good morning Tiffany! :)

CapitalJay
03-18-2008, 04:41 AM
Good morning, Tiffany!!

I just heard from Derek and he's pleased with my progress. He will not be making changes to my diet or cardio...:cool:. He's also okayed more veggies if I'm hungry.

I never thought I'd be excited about more veggies:rolleyes::).

Veggies FTW!! I still can't believe Scivation is doing this for free?! I'm still quietly and anxiously awaiting some input from them. :)

Cardio:

35 min walk in the neighborhood.

Nice! Is your neighborhood quiet and calming or filled with exciting things to watch and see?

Tifflex
03-18-2008, 05:25 AM
Glad I am not alone in this... I wore yellow and blue today.

Hi Tiff!!! :)
Hi Elise, how are you?

This was baked after the St. Paddy's Day festivities began...

http://images.teamsugar.com/files/users/1/17470/11_2007/DSC02402_2.preview.jpg
Yummy, thanks for the visual:D.

Good morning Tiffany!
Good morning Ed, how are you?

Good morning, Tiffany!!

Good morning Jay!

Veggies FTW!! I still can't believe Scivation is doing this for free?! I'm still quietly and anxiously awaiting some input from them. :)
I read that in the first week Derek expected 100 replies but actually received 600 :eek:!

Nice! Is your neighborhood quiet and calming or filled with exciting things to watch and see?

Yes, it's pretty quiet and calming. It was about 60 degrees yesterday so the kids were out skateboarding, playing tag and riding bikes. I also like to see what my neighbors are doing, etc. Spring is in the air!
Good morning and happy Tuesday!

I slept in this morning so cardio will be done tonight. I am pleasantly sore today:).

ArchAngel'73
03-18-2008, 05:28 AM
Trained by the "Beast"
friends with a "Fiend".
You keep strange company Tiffany.:p

orca
03-18-2008, 05:30 AM
Good morning Tiffany, Happy belated B-Day.

claycat
03-18-2008, 07:53 AM
Morning Tiff. Just read through all of your new journal. I am very excited for you. You are so lucky to have professionals backing you up and guiding you with this. Wish I could have gotten in on this as I have always wondered what it would be like to be professionally guided and not try to fly by the seat of my pants!

I wish you all the luck with this and I am excited to watch along with your journey into da hotness. :D

HoosierHardGain
03-18-2008, 08:11 AM
Morning, Tiffy. I really thought of you over the weekend when I heard about the bad weather through Atlanta.

dartol
03-18-2008, 08:30 AM
Good morning Ms Tiffinator! ;)

Darren

IronIc
03-18-2008, 09:28 AM
Hey Tiff! :D Spring is definitely in the air :)

Tifflex
03-18-2008, 10:40 AM
Trained by the "Beast"
friends with a "Fiend".
You keep strange company Tiffany.:p
You're both talented, passionate and easy on the eyes...what more could a girl ask for:p?

Good morning Tiffany, Happy belated B-Day.
Hiya, Kev! Thanks for the birthday wishes.

Morning Tiff. Just read through all of your new journal. I am very excited for you. You are so lucky to have professionals backing you up and guiding you with this. Wish I could have gotten in on this as I have always wondered what it would be like to be professionally guided and not try to fly by the seat of my pants!

I wish you all the luck with this and I am excited to watch along with your journey into da hotness.

Thanks Catharine. I'm very motivated but this time around it's different. I'm following the program and not concerned with the amount of food or cardio. I'm letting Beast do his job and it's working.

You should look into it and sign up!

Morning, Tiffy. I really thought of you over the weekend when I heard about the bad weather through Atlanta.
Thank you Hoos!

We dodged a bullet that's for sure. I live about 30 miles east of Atlanta and we got the rain and wind but no severe weather. I work downtown but many of the streets are opened today and it's business as usual.

Good morning Ms Tiffinator! ;)

Darren
Hehe...I like Tiffinator Darren!

Hey Tiff! :D Spring is definitely in the air :)
I love it Penney:).

Tifflex
03-18-2008, 06:05 PM
Workout 3: Legs/Cardio

Week 2: 3 sets, 6-10 reps; 90 secs rest

ATG Squats
15x45, 10x95, 10x115, 6x135, 5x145, 10x95

Squats didn't feel good tonight. The weight felt heavy and my lower back was sore. I threw in a fourth work set to exhaust the legs.

SLDL
10x95, 10x115, 10x125

Lowered weight and increased reps.

Leg Ext
8x130, 7x45, 6x145

Lying Leg Curl
6x95, 7x95, 5x110 failure

Increased reps and wt.

Seated Leg Press
10x210, 8x230, 10x225

I substituted Seated Leg Press for Lunges.

Cardio
15 min elliptical
15 min treadmill

Tonight's workout made me appreciate the good ones even more.

Have a good evening!

Pretty Hardcore
03-18-2008, 07:32 PM
We all have workouts when you feel weak and tired, it does make you appreciate the good days. :) Still nice strong workout, good job.

freebirdmac
03-18-2008, 07:39 PM

ATG Squats

Squats didn't feel good tonight. The weight felt heavy and my lower back was sore. I threw in a fourth work set to exhaust the legs.

SLDL
10x95, 10x115, 10x125

Leg Ext
8x130, 7x45, 6x145

Lying Leg Curl

Increased reps and wt.

Seated Leg Press
10x210, 8x230, 10x225

Cardio
15 min elliptical
15 min treadmill

Have a good evening!

Phfftt! Yeah, that was a pansy-ass leg workout. Lol! Yeesh woman!!! It might have felt weak, but weak it most definitely was not! And I have no idea how you can do cardio after legs ;) You are rocking!

BigBT
03-18-2008, 07:40 PM
Way to push through the workout, Tif. The good thing is that weak days only motivate you to come back stronger the next time out!

dartol
03-18-2008, 09:39 PM

ATG Squats

SLDL
10x95, 10x115, 10x125

Leg Ext
8x130, 7x45, 6x145

Lying Leg Curl

Increased reps and wt.

Seated Leg Press
10x210, 8x230, 10x225

Cardio
15 min elliptical
15 min treadmill

Have a good evening!

Humm, looks good to me, but you did way more volume on squats than I did tonight with the same max.. I am gonna have to work to stay ahead of you I see... ;)

Have a good evening Tiffany! Glad you like 'Tiffinator', I think that might stick. ;)

Darren

CapitalJay
03-19-2008, 04:47 AM
Good morning Tiffany!

Looks like a good workout to me last night. Doing leg press after squats must have been rough. Good job!

Tifflex
03-19-2008, 05:27 AM
We all have workouts when you feel weak and tired, it does make you appreciate the good days. :) Still nice strong workout, good job.
Thanks Nancy.

Phfftt! Yeah, that was a pansy-ass leg workout. Lol! Yeesh woman!!! It might have felt weak, but weak it most definitely was not! And I have no idea how you can do cardio after legs ;) You are rocking!
Thank you freebirdmac. Cardio was punishment for the lackluster workout.

Way to push through the workout, Tif. The good thing is that weak days only motivate you to come back stronger the next time out!
Hi Brian! I can't wait for the next leg day.

Humm, looks good to me, but you did way more volume on squats than I did tonight with the same max.. I am gonna have to work to stay ahead of you I see... ;)
Keep it going Darren!

Have a good evening Tiffany! Glad you like 'Tiffinator', I think that might stick. ;)
Darren
LOL, it's a cool name!

Good morning Tiffany!

Looks like a good workout to me last night. Doing leg press after squats must have been rough. Good job!

Thanks Jay! The leg press really hurt.

Nikonguy
03-19-2008, 05:29 AM
Nice leg day Tiffany, that's what I'm doing tonight! OMG at your leg curls and extensions! Wowzer, it hurts just to read that. :eek: :D

ArchAngel'73
03-19-2008, 05:45 AM
although
"Tifflicious"
has a nice ring.
Think about it.;)

Brutal!!!
Are you allowed to switch things up and choose the routine? What about the diet, changeable too? And heavy, light training, they switched up at all?
Sorry dudess, curious minds...

Tifflex
03-19-2008, 05:54 AM
Nice leg day Tiffany, that's what I'm doing tonight! OMG at your leg curls and extensions! Wowzer, it hurts just to read that. :eek: :D
Thanks Ed! I wanted to end on a positive note so I really pushed it.

although
"Tifflicious"
has a nice ring.
Think about it.;)
I like it but by the Summer I'd like to be known as "Bootylicious":o.

Brutal!!!
Are you allowed to switch things up and choose the routine?
No, but I have been given options. For example, I can do leg press or lunges, military press or db press, etc.

What about the diet, changeable too?
The diet is changeable. I am supposed to get 6oz lean protein and 15g of fat per meal. I'm having chicken, lean steak, egg whites and protein powder for my protein sources. I have natty pb, salmon, egg yolks and almonds for my fat sources. I don't need a lot of variety in my diet. I don't have a problem with this diet when I go out and that's refreshing.

And heavy, light training, they switched up at all?
Sorry dudess, curious minds...
I don't mind the questions:).

The first phase of this program is volume. Each week I'm adding a set while beating the log book either by increasing wt or reps.

namtrag
03-19-2008, 07:21 AM
Hi Tiff, it is always good to read your log and get motivated to work harder! It makes me sore to read your leg days.

HoosierHardGain
03-19-2008, 07:34 AM
Hi Tiff, it is always good to read your log and get motivated to work harder! It makes me sore to read your leg days.

Bump to that! Tiffy, not sure what your caloric intake on workout days is like...are you eating enough cals to recover from these workouts?

claycat
03-19-2008, 07:34 AM
Thanks Catharine. I'm very motivated but this time around it's different. I'm following the program and not concerned with the amount of food or cardio. I'm letting Beast do his job and it's working.

You should look into it and sign up.

Wow, do you think they would? I figured it was just a select number. I would absolutely love to see what they could do with this old body! :D

IronIc
03-19-2008, 07:37 AM
That was a bad workout???? Golly geez, I'm humbled :o

Very nice on the extensions. I love extensions ... in my case they really strengthen the area around the knees. How do you like them Tiff?

Nice cardio afterwards, too! :D Keep it rockin' Tiffinator! :D

Tifflex
03-19-2008, 10:51 AM
Thanks Mike! I'm all business in the gym and like to push it....yesterday just sucked.

Bump to that! Tiffy, not sure what your caloric intake on workout days is like...are you eating enough cals to recover from these workouts?
Hiya Hoos! My cals are the same everyday ~1800 252P/90F and carbs from nuts and veggies.

Wow, do you think they would? I figured it was just a select number. I would absolutely love to see what they could do with this old body! :D
DO IT:D!

That was a bad workout???? Golly geez, I'm humbled :o
I'm my toughest critic and biggest fan Penney. The mind was willing but my lower back wasn't in the game. I checked the calendar and it's "that time of the month" so that explains the back issues:rolleyes:.

Very nice on the extensions. I love extensions ... in my case they really strengthen the area around the knees. How do you like them Tiff?

I'd much rather do front squats but I'm following the program to the letter. I've never been a huge fan of extensions because they feel a little awkward. I'm a weirdo;).

Nice cardio afterwards, too! Keep it rockin' Tiffinator!
I'm in the zone Penney!

IronIc
03-19-2008, 10:56 AM
My cals are the same everyday ~1800 252P/90F and carbs from nuts and veggies.
It looks like that format is working splendidly for you Tiff

I'm my toughest critic and biggest fan Penney. The mind was willing but my lower back wasn't in the game. I checked the calendar and it's "that time of the month" so that explains the back issues.
We can all say that about ourselves here, hehe ;)

I remember the back issues when I had Aunt Flo visit. I don't have that problem any more! (Hysterectomy in 2001)

I'd much rather do front squats but I'm following the program to the letter. I've never been a huge fan of extensions because they feel a little awkward. I'm a weirdo.
Actually, I'm the weirdo for liking them. haha! Most people can't stand extensions (or at least the ones I know) ;)

I'm in the zone Penney!
I've noticed! :D

Tifflex
03-19-2008, 11:02 AM
Good afternoon everyone!

Today is an off day from the gym. I'm sore and need to recover a bit. I will be doing HIIT/LI tonight...a girl's gotta recover:p:).

I found out last night that my local Gold's will be closed on Sunday:mad:. This is the same gym that closed Halloween night:confused:.

I am a Christian and celebrate Easter, but I want to lift weights too! I picked up a travel pass and found a Gold's that will be opened from 7-7. I can go to the gym after sunrise service:D. I noticed this gym has better hours so I might visit more often IF I like it.

/rant

dartol
03-19-2008, 01:53 PM
Good afternoon everyone!

Today is an off day from the gym. I'm sore and need to recover a bit. I will be doing HIIT/LI tonight...a girl's gotta recover:p:).

That's recovery? You are hardcore! :D hehe

Darren

jspirate
03-19-2008, 05:51 PM
Happy Monday everyone!

I'm tired and sleep deprived but it's good to be alive and healthy:D. Today is an off day from weights but I did fasted cardio this morning.

Cardio
35 min walk at highest incline, 3.0-4.0 speed

I was scheduled to do 30 mins but added 5 mins for cool down. I also had 3 scoops of Xtend with 40oz of water.

Training
I want to try 2 days on, 1 day rest, 2 days on for weight training. The last two days of training will be done in the evenings. I'm making this change because I will be adding more sets in the coming weeks. I like early AM training but I only have 30-35 mins available during the week.

I can make a change to my social calendar and get in the gym at night. I might actually get more sleep so this is a win-win.

Nutrition
I will be listing meals from time to time so you all can see what I'm eating.

Meal 1:
6 oz chicken
18 almonds
2 Fish oil caps
2 Elastamine tablets
1 Multivitamin
1 Vit C...I awoke to a runny nose this morning so I'm loading up on Vit C.

Meal 2:
2 scoops whey in water
18 almonds

Meal 3:
6 oz chicken
4 oz asparagus
18 almonds
2 Fish oil caps
2 Elastamine tablets

Meal 4:
6 oz chicken
4 oz asparagus
18 almonds

Meal 5:
4 oz asparagus
18 almonds
2 Fish oil caps
2 Elastamine tablets

Meal 6:
6 egg whites
3 whole eggs
4 oz aparagus or broccoli
1 Vit C

Water: 1 gal +

Have a great day all!

Wow... and I thought I ate alot of almonds!

Tifflex
03-19-2008, 07:04 PM
That's recovery? You are hardcore! :D hehe

Darren

I'm determined:p.

Wow... and I thought I ate alot of almonds!
LOL...I do eat a lot of them. I use natty pb, whole eggs and salmon but almonds are my first choice.

Thanks for visiting!
Cardio: HIIT/LI Treadmill
5 min warm up
10 min LI

Have a great night!

ms_mac
03-19-2008, 07:56 PM
Looking good in here, Tiffany! How you making out with CHA? Still hungry?

dartol
03-19-2008, 09:40 PM
I use natty pb...

Humm, that must be a Georgia thing... is that where they process the gnats in with the peanut butter? :D

Darren

CapitalJay
03-20-2008, 05:10 AM
Good morning Tiffany! How are you today? Any big plans for the holiday?

...nice cardio last night. 15mins of HIIT intervals is not easy!

Nikonguy
03-20-2008, 06:32 AM
An inspiring workout as always darlin' :D Have a great day!

Tifflex
03-20-2008, 07:00 AM
Looking good in here, Tiffany! How you making out with CHA? Still hungry?
Thanks Mary Anne! The hunger has subsided:p. I'm drinking more water and eating more vegetables.

Humm, that must be a Georgia thing... is that where they process the gnats in with the peanut butter? :D

Darren
Maybe that's done in Plains, Georgia;).

Good morning Tiffany! How are you today? Any big plans for the holiday?
Hi Jay, I'm doing great today!

I had planned to visit family Easter but I have to work on Monday. The 12 hour round trip drive is exhausting...I must be getting old:o. I will be going to sunrise service Sunday morning.

...nice cardio last night. 15mins of HIIT intervals is not easy!
I was happy when those 15 mins were over Jay!

An inspiring workout as always darlin' :D Have a great day!
Thank you Ed!
Good morning and happy Thursday all!

I will be doing cardio and ab work this evening. I think I'm behind on cardio so I need to add up my time asap.

Have a great day:).

IronIc
03-20-2008, 08:36 AM

Tifflex
03-20-2008, 10:03 AM

Good morning Penney!
I walked up to the diner to get a chicken salad. It is a gorgeous day for a walk!

I felt tightness in my hip flexors and think it was the Seated Leg Presses. I have to stretch more:o:rolleyes:.

Tifflex
03-20-2008, 05:52 PM
PM: 30 min walk

joed
03-20-2008, 10:44 PM
With the dog I assume.

BoiseLifer
03-20-2008, 11:12 PM
Way to hammer the legs Tiff. Aren't squats the greatest!!??

Tifflex
03-21-2008, 05:30 AM
With the dog I assume.
Actually that was the treadmill Joe. I usually don't count the dog walks...she's too busy sniffing.

Way to hammer the legs Tiff. Aren't squats the greatest!!??

I love squats! Happy Friday Thomas!
Happy Friday everyone!

I hopped on the treadmill to do cardio and it stopped at the 3 minute mark:eek:. It's only 2-3 years old so I'm not sure what happened. I will get the user manual out this weekend. I didn't let a non working treadmill deter me. I put on sweats, leashed the dog and went for a 2 mile run/walk. The cold air was invigorating:D!

I will work arms and more cardio this evening.

Have a great Friday all!

Tifflex
03-21-2008, 05:35 AM
My running partner Lexie:). She is a Chihuahua mix.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa130/lexiesmom_2007/2008_03042008_03040010.jpg

ArchAngel'73
03-21-2008, 09:17 AM

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa130/lexiesmom_2007/2008_03042008_03040010.jpg

mmm proteinz:D

Very cute!
like her owner.;)

Happy Easter!
sorry, been busy having fun off the 'net. Back soon, no word from the post office.

IronIc
03-21-2008, 09:22 AM

Awww, how cute! :D

I love little doggies :)

Tifflex
03-21-2008, 09:23 AM
mmm proteinz:D
:eek: not my baby! I stupidly fought off a pit bull for her so bring it! She's stubborn and a fighter like her owner;).

Very cute!
like her owner.;)
Thank you!

Happy Easter!
sorry, been busy having fun off the 'net. Back soon, no word from the post office.
Happy Easter to you! No worries about posting btw.

Do you think I need to follow up?

Tifflex
03-21-2008, 09:26 AM

Thanks Penney!

I've rescued her almost three years ago and in a lot ways she rescued me. We're a team;).

She's on a fat loss program too:). We go to the vet tomorow for shots and a weigh-in.

Samraiwise
03-21-2008, 09:51 AM
http://www.angelfire.com/nb/kazuo/img/dog_pee.gif

I love little doggies too............uh-oh, is he your dog? :D

Happy Friday, m'lady!!

Tifflex
03-21-2008, 02:28 PM
http://www.angelfire.com/nb/kazuo/img/dog_pee.gif

I love little doggies too............uh-oh, is he your dog? :D

Happy Friday, m'lady!!
That's a cute gif Kaz! She likes to stop often:).
Week 2: Workout 4--Arms/Cardio

BB Curl
12x35, 10x35, 2x6x45, 5x45 (failure)

I will stay at 45 until I get more reps.

CGBP
8x95, 10x95, 6x105

DB Curl
10x25, 2x6x30

BB Skullcrusher
2x10x35, 12x35

35 was too light and I should have used more weight:rolleyes:. I will increase weight next time.

Weighted Decline sit ups
20x25, 2x15x25

Cardio
30 min elliptical. HR 130-135 bpm.

IronIc
03-21-2008, 02:38 PM
Very nice wo Tiffany. Have a wonderful Easter weekend! :)

Haha, I premade the Xtend and water this morning - 4 scoops in 40 oz of water. We'll see how that tastes when I use it this evening!

Tifflex
03-21-2008, 02:42 PM
Very nice wo Tiffany. Have a wonderful Easter weekend! :)

Haha, I premade the Xtend and water this morning - 4 scoops in 40 oz of water. We'll see how that tastes when I use it this evening!

Thank you ma'am! I hope you and Rick have a nice Easter weekend too!

I used 2.5 scoops today Penney. My supp budget is a little tight so I have to make it last....:).

IronIc
03-21-2008, 02:44 PM
Thank you ma'am! I hope you and Rick have a nice Easter weekend too!

I used 2.5 scoops today Penney. My supp budget is a little tight so I have to make it last....:).
Gotta extend the Xtend ;)

Really, when I saw on the container how they recommend 4-6 scoops before and during, and then another 2 scoops afterwards, I thought "Nah!" Judging from your results over the months from using it, I'd say 4 scoops (or 2.5);) is plenty.

It's not cheap! My budget is pretty strained, too.

dmangiarelli
03-21-2008, 04:10 PM

Me too I like them BBQ'd ! :D LOL

I have a running partner too, she's a lil' bit bigger than yours though, I'll have to post a pic! Keep up the good work!

Buffycat3
03-21-2008, 05:28 PM
Hey Tiff!
I've finally made it in here!

You are doing a really great job!
Your attitude and desire on this program is outta this world!
You have my support...this will be a fun watch ;)

Best of luck to you!

ChocoChick
03-22-2008, 09:03 AM
Lexie is cute, Tiffany.

How are you doing?

Tifflex
03-23-2008, 10:13 AM
Gotta extend the Xtend ;)
I agree with you.

Really, when I saw on the container how they recommend 4-6 scoops before and during, and then another 2 scoops afterwards, I thought "Nah!" Judging from your results over the months from using it, I'd say 4 scoops (or 2.5);) is plenty.

I've seen the minimum amount needed is 5g for breakfast, 10g post workout and 5g at night. I will check Layne's FAQ document to make sure I'm telling you the right thing.

It's not cheap! My budget is pretty strained, too.
I will always have Xtend in my arsenal.

Me too I like them BBQ'd ! :D LOL

I have a running partner too, she's a lil' bit bigger than yours though, I'll have to post a pic! Keep up the good work!

Thanks Don! My doggie is good for 5-7min run followed by a few mins of walking.

Hey Tiff!
I've finally made it in here!

You are doing a really great job!
Your attitude and desire on this program is outta this world!
You have my support...this will be a fun watch ;)

Best of luck to you!
Thanks for your support Joan! I appreciate you:).

Lexie is cute, Tiffany.

How are you doing?

Thanks Elise! I'm doing well thanks. How are things?

Tifflex
03-23-2008, 10:34 AM
Good afternoon and happy Easter for those who celebrate!

I had my Easter/cheat meal last night. I had a 7oz steak, steamed veggies, sauteed mushrooms, garden salad, 1 slice of bread, sweet tea and 1/2 of a brownie with ice cream.

My Gold's was closed today so I visited another one today. I really liked this gym. It's older than mine but I was sold on the hours and equipment. On Tues-Thurs the gym is open 24 hours and is always staffed. I decided to join after my workout.

Week 3: Workout 1: Back/Calves/Abs/Cardio

Week 3: 4 sets; 6-10 reps 90 secs rest

Conventional Deadlift
8x95, 2x8x115 +10, 10x105

115 felt good so I will stay with this weight unitl I get 10 reps.

Asst Chins
8,7,5,6 @ 50lbs

The first two sets felt great but the last two sets were grueling.

I decreased assistance by 5lbs:).

1-arm Row
2x10x55, 8x55, 10x55

I changed things up a bit and did 1-arm Rows.

Rev Pec Deck
8x80, 8x75, 2x10x65

I don't know if the machines were different from my other gym but 75 and 80 were too heavy. I decreased weight to maintain proper form.

Life Fitness Standing Calf
10x75, 10x95, 2x10x115

Seated Calf
3x10x90

Hanging Leg Raises
3x10

Ab crunch bench
1x20, 1x15

Cardio
Pre--7 min elliptical
Post--10 min Arc Trainer...OMG:eek:, 16 min Elliptical

I will be visiting everyone later today or tonight! Have a great day:).

jocularric
03-24-2008, 02:24 AM
Tiffany you meal sounds yummy! I haven't had steak for a while. :( And it looks like your meals are treating you well--you're getting stronger every time I look in your journal. Nice!

Hey! Have yourself an awesome day and keep up the good works!

Buffycat3
03-24-2008, 02:32 AM
Hi Tiff....I am happy you had a nice enjoyable Easter..with great eats !:D
7oz steak, Ohmy! lol

I love your training...you are a smart bber.
You control your lifting, weights and form in a smart way...this will get you results.
And you are strong!! Yeah!

Happy Monday!

CapitalJay
03-24-2008, 04:53 AM
Good morning Tiffany! That sounds like a great Easter cheat meal! :) Strong 1-arm rows!!!

orca
03-24-2008, 05:26 AM
Good morning Tiffany. Hope you had a great weekend. Love the cheat meal.

Very stong workout and it's cool you found a great new gym to go to.

Tifflex
03-24-2008, 06:06 AM
Tiffany you meal sounds yummy! I haven't had steak for a while. :(

Hi Ric, how are you? How's the cholesterol?

And it looks like your meals are treating you well--you're getting stronger every time I look in your journal. Nice!
Thank you. I refuse to get weaker during a cut:p. Solid nutrition FTW!

Hey! Have yourself an awesome day and keep up the good works!
Thanks and you have a great day too!

Hi Tiff....I am happy you had a nice enjoyable Easter..with great eats !:D
7oz steak, Ohmy! lol
It was delicious. I couldn't finish the entire steak but had the rest for breakfast.

I love your training...you are a smart bber.
You control your lifting, weights and form in a smart way...this will get you results.
And you are strong!! Yeah!

Happy Monday!
Thanks for the compliment Joan. I really enjoy this lifestyle and have a lot to learn. Most of the time I keep my ego in check and lower the weight if form suffers.

Happy Monday!

Good morning Tiffany! That sounds like a great Easter cheat meal! :) Strong 1-arm rows!!!
Hi Jay! The cheat meal was yummy. My left side is weaker than the right so I did 1-arm rows in hopes of improving strength.

Good morning Tiffany. Hope you had a great weekend. Love the cheat meal.

Very stong workout and it's cool you found a great new gym to go to.

Hi Kevin, how are you? Financially, I will break even on the gym. It's going to cost me less monthly but I will have to drive about 5 miles more which is no bigger. I gain access to a gym when I want to go and I have access to different equipment...priceless;).

Tifflex
03-24-2008, 06:14 AM
Happy Monday everyone!

I hope everyone had a great weekend.

I am very sore today and I love it! I am liking Deadlifts but the nasty bruises on my shins are not cool:eek:. I have to keep my legs pretty for shorts/skirts;).

Today was cardio only. I walked 32 mins on the treadmill at the highest incline.

Have a great day!

Nikonguy
03-24-2008, 06:17 AM
Good morning Tiffany.

Checking out a new gym is always fun. I've been thinking about trying out a couple here, just as a change of pace from being alone when I work out. :)

I have to keep my legs pretty for shorts/skirts.;)
Pointless without pics darlin' ;)

ArchAngel'73
03-24-2008, 06:32 AM
Wow! You know how to behave on cheat day. Barely anything in there bad for you.
Very cool you joined a new gym, can't wait to hear what this one is like.
Do you have to work today?
Very impressive EVERYTHING Tiffany!!

dartol
03-24-2008, 07:03 AM
Morning Tiffany! You call that a cheat meal??? LOL
Nice work on the meal and the workout. Killer one arm rowing there! :)

Darren

Hibiscus09
03-24-2008, 07:25 AM
Sorry I'm so commenting -- but cute doggie! My dog would be so dead if a pit bull came after him. Come to think of it, perhaps my husband and children.... LOL Just kidding!! I always tell them if an alligator attacks them at Kiawah that I'll win that battle. :)

I hope you had a nice Easter, Tiffany! I hope things are going well with your nutrition and workouts also. :)

IronIc
03-24-2008, 07:31 AM
Happy Monday Tiff! Strong workout as usual. You really inspire me! :)

Tifflex
03-24-2008, 09:03 AM
Let's try this replying thing again!

Good morning Tiffany.
Checking out a new gym is always fun. I've been thinking about trying out a couple here, just as a change of pace from being alone when I work out.
You should do it Ed. Being in the gym provides me with a different mindset even if I'm the only person weight training.

I have to keep my legs pretty for shorts/skirts.;)
Pointless without pics darlin' ;)
The bruises have to heal...hehe.

Wow! You know how to behave on cheat day. Barely anything in there bad for you.
It took me an hour to finish most of the meal. I ended up taking steak and veggies home. The meal and company were yummy!

Very cool you joined a new gym, can't wait to hear what this one is like.
Do you have to work today?

This one is an older Gold's. The equipment is not new and shiny, the benches are worn and some of the treadmills squeak. I don't need frills, just give me solid equipment and accessibility. I will be going back at 4:00AM Tues morning for a chest workout.

Very impressive EVERYTHING Tiffany!!
Thanks a lot Brian, that means a lot to me!

Morning Tiffany! You call that a cheat meal??? LOL
Nice work on the meal and the workout. Killer one arm rowing there! :)
Darren
Thank you Darren!

Sorry I'm so commenting -- but cute doggie! My dog would be so dead if a pit bull came after him. Come to think of it, perhaps my husband and children.... LOL Just kidding!! I always tell them if an alligator attacks them at Kiawah that I'll win that battle.

I am not sure what came over me Diane. I instinctively reacted to save my baby...lol. She actually started the fight and was close to losing her life. I stupidly pulled the pit off and he ran home. Lexie and I were lucky!

I hope you had a nice Easter, Tiffany! I hope things are going well with your nutrition and workouts also. :)
I had a wonderful Easter. I feel so refreshed and renewed in Spirit. My plan is going well thanks!

Happy Monday Tiff! Strong workout as usual. You really inspire me! :)
Hiya Penney! Thanks for the kind words. I hope to meet you one day!

HoosierHardGain
03-24-2008, 09:07 AM
I am very sore today and I love it! I am liking Deadlifts but the nasty bruises on my shins are not cool:eek:. I have to keep my legs pretty for shorts/skirts;).

There is just something so sexy about a lady mentioning deadlifts and short skirts in the same sentence :)

BigBT
03-24-2008, 09:59 AM
Way to go on the dead lifts, Tif!! 115, hell! We'll see you at 135 in no time.
I'm with you on the machines. I don't even bother trying when I go to another gym. I feel like I spend more time trying to figure out what weight to use vs getting a good lift. I usually try to pick free weight equivalents at that point.

claycat
03-24-2008, 01:39 PM
Afternoon Tif. I have been five days without Internet, torture, pure torture!

Looking good in here. I did contact Derek hopefully, I will hear from him. :)

I can't stand the bruises either because, I live in sun dresses as soon as the weather permits. I thought about cutting the legs off of some old wet suit and then I had the idea that a pair of old half chaps would work great to protect the shins. My daughter runs a riding stable and I am going to see if she has any extra half chaps and try them.

Cute pup, I run with 3 big ones, an Alaskan malamute, a yellow lab and a border collie/springer spaniel mix. With all the dogs and me and the grand baby in the jog stroller the neighbors hate to see me out on the road. LOL.

ChocoChick
03-24-2008, 03:23 PM
WTG on the deads. I was doing them for a while but stopped because they were making me thicker around the middle. I take it you are not seeing this effect?

Brownie + ice cream = yummy!

Tifflex
03-24-2008, 04:18 PM
There is just something so sexy about a lady mentioning deadlifts and short skirts in the same sentence :)
I aim to please Hoos:o.

Way to go on the dead lifts, Tif!! 115, hell! We'll see you at 135 in no time.
I can't wait to add the big plates. I feel like I'm using my legs too much so the larger plates will increase the height of the bar.

I'm with you on the machines. I don't even bother trying when I go to another gym. I feel like I spend more time trying to figure out what weight to use vs getting a good lift. I usually try to pick free weight equivalents at that point.
Free weights are king! I will play around with newer machines as time permits.

Afternoon Tif. I have been five days without Internet, torture, pure torture!

OMG that is torture Catharine! Of course, I could get more reading done if I lost internet connection:D.

Looking good in here. I did contact Derek hopefully, I will hear from him. :)

Thank you! I hope you hear from him too. I really like the diet and Tri-phase program.

I can't stand the bruises either because, I live in sun dresses as soon as the weather permits. I thought about cutting the legs off of some old wet suit and then I had the idea that a pair of old half chaps would work great to protect the shins. My daughter runs a riding stable and I am going to see if she has any extra half chaps and try them.
I can see you wearing old half chaps Catharine!

Cute pup, I run with 3 big ones, an Alaskan malamute, a yellow lab and a border collie/springer spaniel mix. With all the dogs and me and the grand baby in the jog stroller the neighbors hate to see me out on the road. LOL.
You've got your hands full with the dogs and the baby. I'm sure the weather and trails are lovely in your neck of the woods.

WTG on the deads. I was doing them for a while but stopped because they were making me thicker around the middle. I take it you are not seeing this effect?
Hi Elise!

I measure weekly and haven't seen an increase in my waist size and my pants are looser. I do not need added thickness anywhere:p.

Brownie + ice cream = yummy!

It was delicious! I enjoyed every spoonful;).

I hope you had a good Easter.

IronIc
03-24-2008, 06:32 PM
Hiya Penney! Thanks for the kind words. I hope to meet you one day!
That would be awesome! I believe we will indeed meet someday :)

NotTooLate
03-25-2008, 03:42 AM
Way to go on the new gym Tiffany and your workouts are lookin' strong.

I like your cute little doggie :)

Tifflex
03-25-2008, 03:53 AM
Way to go on the new gym Tiffany and your workouts are lookin' strong.

I like your cute little doggie :)

Thanks Melanie!

Tifflex
03-25-2008, 04:05 AM
Good morning all!

Today was Chest day and I had a pretty good workout.

BB Flat Bench
2x6x75, 6x115, 2x6x125, 5x125

125 is a PR! I was 1/2 rep close to failure on the last set so I didn't go for a 6th rep.

DB Inc Bench
3x8x45, 6x45

Increased reps on the first three sets. I wanted 8 reps on the last set but failed on the 7th attempt.

Asst Dips
10,8,8 @70 lbs

I didn't attempt a fourth set because of discomfort in my left tricep.

DB Shoulder Press
10x35, 2x40, 6x35, 8x35

I substituted this exercise for the Smith Military Press. I wanted the 40s but getting them in place took so much out of me. I managed to eek out 2 reps:(.

Side Laterals
2x8x15, 2x10x12

Cardio
8 min pre
8 min post

I will finish my 30 mins later tonight.

Have a great day all!

ArchAngel'73
03-25-2008, 04:26 AM
Good morning all!

BB Flat Bench

125 is a PR! I was 1/2 rep close to failure on the last set so I didn't go for a 6th rep.

Samurai break, just sayin'.:D
(I hope you you know what I'm talking about, if not, see Kaz's journal)

Beautiful! The workout, not you!~ok, you too
Do you grunt or make funny noises on heavy duty sets? What did that one sound like?:p
Better do the remaining cardio, the negs will fly and blot out the sun.:D

CapitalJay
03-25-2008, 04:44 AM
Good morning, Tiffany! That's a solid looking chest / shoulder day. Congrats on the PR!!!

Tifflex
03-25-2008, 05:42 AM
Samurai break, just sayin'.:D
(I hope you you know what I'm talking about, if not, see Kaz's journal)
I've seen the Samurai break and used it on CGBP...ONCE.

Beautiful! The workout, not you!~ok, you too
;), thank you! I felt good about the workout.

Do you grunt or make funny noises on heavy duty sets? What did that one sound like?:p
I talk to myself and say things like "...don't quit" "...come on", "...push it". When I do make noises, I sound like a whimpering dog:o.

Better do the remaining cardio, the negs will fly and blot out the sun.:D
LOL! I ran out of time. I finished at 4:55 and had to get home to eat, shower, etc.

Good morning, Tiffany! That's a solid looking chest / shoulder day. Congrats on the PR!!!

Thank you Jay. I changed up my warm up sets a little and that really helped me power through the work sets.

Hibiscus09
03-25-2008, 05:46 AM
Morning, Tiffany! Yay for 125lbs! :) 115 is my max and that was back when I actually lifted weights. :D

I hope you have a fantastic Tuesday!! Please warm it up in Atlanta by Wednesday. Thank you. :p Crap! That's tomorrow. I have no concept of time anymore. LOL I've noticed I'm leaving out entire words from sentences when I post. I'm way too rushed. The words are in my head, but don't make it to the sentences on this site. ha,ha

Oh -- did I tell you that Friday afternoon I'm going with Brittany to pick out a pug dog? Your doggie made me think of it. Fun! I bet he'll be cute!

Happy Tuesday!!

Nikonguy
03-25-2008, 05:52 AM
Good morning all!

Today was Chest day and I had a pretty good workout.

BB Flat Bench

DB Inc Bench
3x8x45, 6x45

Increased reps on the first three sets. I wanted 8 reps on the last set but failed on the 7th attempt.

Asst Dips
10,8,8 @70 lbs

I didn't attempt a fourth set because of discomfort in my left tricep.

DB Shoulder Press
10x35, 2x40, 6x35, 8x35

I substituted this exercise for the Smith Military Press. I wanted the 40s but getting them in place took so much out of me. I managed to eek out 2 reps:(.

Side Laterals
2x8x15, 2x10x12

Cardio
8 min pre
8 min post

I will finish my 30 mins later tonight.

Have a great day all!A beautiful workout Tiffany and I admire your early am schedule. Maybe I can do that this summer. :)

HoosierHardGain
03-25-2008, 07:46 AM
I aim to please Hoos:o.

I'm pleased! I'm pleased! :)

IronIc
03-25-2008, 09:04 AM
Hi Tiff! :)

Samraiwise
03-25-2008, 09:11 AM
Morning Tiffany!! Let's do some cardio!!

http://www.angelfire.com/nb/kazuo/img/sm_dance.gifhttp://www.angelfire.com/nb/kazuo/img/sm_dance02.gifhttp://www.angelfire.com/nb/kazuo/img/sm_dance.gifhttp://www.angelfire.com/nb/kazuo/img/sm_dance02.gifhttp://www.angelfire.com/nb/kazuo/img/sm_dance.gifhttp://www.angelfire.com/nb/kazuo/img/sm_dance02.gif

Have a wonderful Tuesday!!

ChocoChick
03-25-2008, 09:30 AM
^^^

Is that dancing, or...

*covers eyes and runs outs*

Tifflex
03-25-2008, 09:50 AM
Morning, Tiffany! Yay for 125lbs! :) 115 is my max and that was back when I actually lifted weights. :D

Thanks Diane. I felt good lifting 125lbs. I decided while warming up that I would go for more weight and it went well for me.

I hope you have a fantastic Tuesday!! Please warm it up in Atlanta by Wednesday. Thank you. Crap! That's tomorrow. I have no concept of time anymore. LOL I've noticed I'm leaving out entire words from sentences when I post. I'm way too rushed. The words are in my head, but don't make it to the sentences on this site. ha,ha

You've got A LOT going on! Thankfully, tomorrow and Thursday are going to be beautiful with highs in the low to mid 70's.

Oh -- did I tell you that Friday afternoon I'm going with Brittany to pick out a pug dog? Your doggie made me think of it. Fun! I bet he'll be cute!
Pugs are cute! How do you think Nicky will like him?

Happy Tuesday!!
Happy Tuesday!

A beautiful workout Tiffany and I admire your early am schedule. Maybe I can do that this summer. :)
Thanks Ed. I will admit that I had a tough time falling asleep because I was excited about going to the gym. When the alarm went off at 3:15, I was not too happy:p.

I'm pleased! I'm pleased! :)
Cool!

Hi Tiff! :)
Hiya Penney!

Tifflex
03-25-2008, 09:51 AM
Morning Tiffany!! Let's do some cardio!!

http://www.angelfire.com/nb/kazuo/img/sm_dance.gifhttp://www.angelfire.com/nb/kazuo/img/sm_dance02.gifhttp://www.angelfire.com/nb/kazuo/img/sm_dance.gifhttp://www.angelfire.com/nb/kazuo/img/sm_dance02.gifhttp://www.angelfire.com/nb/kazuo/img/sm_dance.gif[img]
Have a wonderful Tuesday!!
+

^^^

Is that dancing, or...

*covers eyes and runs outs*

Umm, I can't see the images...stupid work computer. I will check it out tonight. IT BETTER BE GOOD:D.

orca
03-25-2008, 11:55 AM
Happy Tuesday Tiffany. Congrats on the PR....very strong workout.

orca
03-25-2008, 11:56 AM
Happy Tuesday Tiffany! Congrats on the PR....very strong workout.

Tifflex
03-25-2008, 04:42 PM
Happy Tuesday Tiffany. Congrats on the PR....very strong workout.
+

Happy Tuesday Tiffany! Congrats on the PR....very strong workout.
Thanks Kevin!
PM Cardio 20 min dog walk

Tifflex
03-26-2008, 05:36 AM
Good morning and happy Hump Day!

Today was HIIT/LI cardio on the treadmill.

5 min warm up
10 min LI

I had to increase the speed on the treadmill because the first 3 intervals were too easy. I finished the intervals gasping for air;).

Have a great day all!

orca
03-26-2008, 05:44 AM
Happy Hump Day Tiffany.

Nice HIIT session!

ArchAngel'73
03-26-2008, 05:47 AM
I finished the intervals gasping for air;).

Have a great day all!

This will come in handy when Lent is over! :D

CapitalJay
03-26-2008, 09:14 AM
Good morning and happy Hump Day!

Today was HIIT/LI cardio on the treadmill.

5 min warm up
10 min LI

I had to increase the speed on the treadmill because the first 3 intervals were too easy. I finished the intervals gasping for air;).

Have a great day all!

Hi Tiffany!

What type of treadmill do you use for the HIIT? The one I own and the mills at the gym don't increase speed fast enough to do 15s all out, so I always use the ellipticals. :)

Nikonguy
03-26-2008, 09:49 AM
Cool cardio day Miss Tiffany. Have a great afternoon. :)

IronIc
03-26-2008, 11:29 AM
Lent is over :) lol ;)

Nice cardio, Ms Tiff! :D

Tifflex
03-27-2008, 05:53 AM
Happy Hump Day Tiffany.

Nice HIIT session!
Thanks Kevin!

;).

Hi Tiffany!

What type of treadmill do you use for the HIIT? The one I own and the mills at the gym don't increase speed fast enough to do 15s all out, so I always use the ellipticals. :)

It takes my treadmill about 6 secs to get to the desired speed. I make sure my sprints are at that desired speed for the full 15 secs. My recovery periods are less than 45s which is not optimal but works for me.

I do like to use the elliptical for sprints but I tend to do HIIT at home most of the time.

Cool cardio day Miss Tiffany. Have a great afternoon.
Thank you Ed!

Lent is over :) lol ;)

Thank God!

Nice cardio, Ms Tiff! :D
Thank you Penney!

Tifflex
03-27-2008, 05:58 AM
Good morning everyone!

This morning I planned to do legs but didn't feel well. I managed to do 25 mins of cardio on the treadmill :( and will do legs tonight if time permits.

ArchAngel'73
03-27-2008, 06:25 AM
Get better soon!

Tifflex
03-27-2008, 06:37 AM
Get better soon!

I am better already:). I am downing Vit C and A LOT of water.

claycat
03-27-2008, 07:20 AM
Morning Tiff. Glad you are improving already, maybe just a little pollen irritation.

CapitalJay
03-27-2008, 07:23 AM
I am better already:). I am downing Vit C and A LOT of water.

YAY!!! :D

Good morning, Tiffany!!

IronIc
03-27-2008, 07:28 AM
Good morning Tiff! Vit C and loads of water does wonders!

ChocoChick
03-27-2008, 09:22 AM
Good morning everyone!

This morning I planned to do legs but didn't feel well. I managed to do 25 mins of cardio on the treadmill :( and will do legs tonight if time permits.

Ugh! I hate when that happens. Feel better soon.

Tifflex
03-27-2008, 12:08 PM
YAY!!! :D

Good morning, Tiffany!!
+

Good morning Tiff! Vit C and loads of water does wonders!
+

Ugh! I hate when that happens. Feel better soon.
+

Morning Tiff. Glad you are improving already, maybe just a little pollen irritation.

Thanks ladies and gent!

I went out for a quick walk at lunch and it really helped my mood.

I felt run down this morning. I don't get as much sleep as I should and at times it catches up with me. I will not work legs later and will try to get more sleep. I have a date with a squat rack tomorrow at 4:00:D.

Diet has been flawless;):)!

HoosierHardGain
03-27-2008, 12:19 PM
Just sounds like you're a bit run down and need to recharge. Sleeping and eating are your friends, Tiffany!

IronIc
03-27-2008, 04:32 PM
Tiff, I'm glad you're better :)

I am sick w/a running nose again :mad: so I will not do my legs wo tonight. Tomorrow it will be, then tri's/shoulders on Sunday.

I am going to do squats tomorrow ... w/just the bar so I can work on form. I love how you say you have a date w/the squat rack tomorrow! :D

Tifflex
03-27-2008, 04:47 PM
Just sounds like you're a bit run down and need to recharge. Sleeping and eating are your friends, Tiffany!
You are so right Hoos! I am making myself go to bed at 9:00 so I can get 6-7 hrs of sleep.

Tiff, I'm glad you're better :)

Thanks Penney, me too!

I am sick w/a running nose again :mad: so I will not do my legs wo tonight. Tomorrow it will be, then tri's/shoulders on Sunday.
You should probably rest a day or so.

I am going to do squats tomorrow ... w/just the bar so I can work on form. I love how you say you have a date w/the squat rack tomorrow! :D
Woohoo! I think you're being very smart to start with the bar to perfect form. I started with the bar and didn't add weight until 3-4 weeks later.

There's nothing like a date with the squat rack. I think I'll shave my legs for it:p.

ms_mac
03-27-2008, 06:56 PM
HI Tiffany - I am behind on BB.com these days. Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well.

I laughed at the comment about shaving for squat day! I laughed because that is the only day I make sure my legs are shaved too! LOL!
Take care and get some rest.

dartol
03-27-2008, 08:30 PM
There's nothing like a date with the squat rack. I think I'll shave my legs for it:p.

Gotta love a woman that thinks like that! :D

Hope you are feeling better tomorrow Tiffany! Rest when you need to, keep an eye out for overtraining.

Darren

joed
03-27-2008, 09:54 PM
...There's nothing like a date with the squat rack. I think I'll shave my legs for it:p.

I love overhearing girl talk.