PDA

View Full Version : implants

bodybuilder6949
02-21-2003, 08:21 AM
my wife recently had saline implants, going from a AAA to a full C...She is a competitive bodybuilder and lost in the national (took 5th) becasue the other woman had full breasts (implants). The recovery time is dependent on the person....For about six weeks you will feel pain and tightness....you can not lift or do anything with your arms basically....No cardio until the 4th week....maybe....again that depends on the perosns ability to heal...you have to massage the breasts in order to avoid contration and help them drop....There will be loss of feeling in your breasts and nipples that could last up to one year...Your breasts will not be totally recovered until then anyway.....While the doctor may say this is minor surgery, and it is, you will have to tough it out for some time....but in the end it is worth it.....and I would recommend it to anyone....If it makes you feel better about yourself, dont let anyone talk you out of it...go for it and good luck....bob the bodybuilder

aprildawn
02-21-2003, 08:08 PM
Well, you also left out that many women may not be able to to breastfeed their children and implants also make detection of breast cancer more difficult. I'm not against them or anything but I think women need to get all the info they can about making such a huge decision.